GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Football Thread (Fantasy League & Accumulators)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/10 at 15:29
Regular
"THFC"
Something like this was run over the World Cup here, but this is for the Premier League this season!

go to;
Fantasy Football

Create a team (you can change it about as much as possible before the first deadline)
Once you have your team then on the right hand side, choose leagues.

Join a league with this code;
428455-106429

There is also a Head to Head league, please join both;
248099-137880

This is the Freeola League.

Simple to do and should provide some friendly competition. The only real rules you need to know are that you can only have 3 players from any one team and you can make one free transfer a week, if you want to make more it will cost you 4 points per transfer!

Have fun and look forward to seeing you on there

THE ACCUMULATOR LEAGUE

Emmie87 - 19
Ineedsleep - 17
McLong - 15
Dav2612 - 14
HighflyerVII - 12
Butch - 8
Sonic Chris - 5
Jubbamhc - 3
PaveyMUFC - 1
Page:
Mon 27/09/10 at 09:19
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I hate it when the ref gets defended, because it's not humanely possible to monitor the entire pitch for 90 minutes. Ref's don't need defending, they need to be replaced with modern technology. Every other sport has embraced it.

I don't believe in football karma. Teams cheat and get away with it (one out of a million examples I could give you - Uruguay when Suarez handballed on the line on purpose. Uruguay get through, and Suarez's country get a stage further than they deserved). The beach ball goal shouldn't have counted. Sunderland didn't cheat, that was yet again another ridiculous decision by the 'fantastic four'.

Referee mistakes are part of the game, if we (as fans) didn't have the ref to moan at we would take it out on somebody else (the players no doubt) which would be to he benefit of no-one. Football is a fast-flowing game that is heavily swayed by momentum. Stopping every few minutes to consult a 'video referee' would completely ruin the game and, most likely, put me off the sport. For a change, I agree with Sepp Blatter on this point.

While Suarez may have "cheated" according to the official rules of the game, I still feel he did only what anybody would have done by doing everything in his (limited) power to help his team, nay country, progress through the tournament. I would have done the same, as would you I'm sure. I highly doubt you, or anybody else in the country, would not praise Stevie G, Rio or Gareth Barry had they done the same.
Sun 26/09/10 at 22:01
Regular
"How Ironic"
I still think it's unfair to the Sunderland team. Their intentions were obvious. My biggest gripe with it is the fact that the ref actually made them take it again. In the modern game, we can't rely on 4 men making the wrong decisions on countless occasions. I hate it when the ref gets defended, because it's not humanely possible to monitor the entire pitch for 90 minutes. Ref's don't need defending, they need to be replaced with modern technology. Every other sport has embraced it.

I don't believe in football karma. Teams cheat and get away with it (one out of a million examples I could give you - Uruguay when Suarez handballed on the line on purpose. Uruguay get through, and Suarez's country get a stage further than they deserved). The beach ball goal shouldn't have counted. Sunderland didn't cheat, that was yet again another ridiculous decision by the 'fantastic four'.
Sun 26/09/10 at 20:36
Regular
"Short Attention Sp"
I think you're being unfair there, Chris. The ball was in play, and Torres reacted. Had this been Arsenal or ManU, everyone would have been full of praise about the quick thinking shown. And for Sunderland of all teams to complain about a goal like that after the beach ball mishap last season, all I can say is that's karma!
Sun 26/09/10 at 12:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Watched the Liverpool highlights. Can't believe we got our first goal in such a terrible way. All of my mates keep saying "Oh he took the freekick though so it's fine", but firstly, they took the freekick originally, and the ref made them take it back. Secondly, the player was actually rolling it back to the right spot, and so the keeper could run forward to take it properly. Thirdly, the ref wasn't even looking at the incident, and as the proceedings went on, he held his whistle to his mouth and looked across to his linesman several times. And finally, if it had happened to us, no doubt it wouldn't have been fine.

We deserved to lose, especially after missing about 4 sitters in extra time. Liverpool, you are disgraceful.
Sun 26/09/10 at 09:38
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Me and football have fallen out this week, I'm hoping we can patch things up by Wednesday, and keep it going until Saturday!
Sat 25/09/10 at 21:46
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
whoopsy, forgot to do them.

So, attempt to salvage some points with tomorrows 3 games

Bolton v Man Utd
Wolverhampton v Aston Villa
Newcastle v Stoke

Newcastle 2 - 1 Stoke (Andy Carroll)
Sat 25/09/10 at 17:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Not for everyone Chris. I guarantee some fans will be over the moon :)
Sat 25/09/10 at 17:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
What an aweful day of football. Still, Penguins managed to notch another preseason win :)
Fri 24/09/10 at 12:09
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Nothing to say about midweek football, so just predictions from me this week:

Blackpool
Liverpool
West Ham v Tottenham DRAW
Newcastle

Bolton 1-3 Man Utd
Kevin Davies
Fri 24/09/10 at 09:57
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
> Not nearly as good as Ole Gunnar Solskjær in these
> situations though, I think you meant to add :¬D

Indeed. The term super-sub was invented for Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.