GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's got a .co"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/10 at 02:49
Regular
Hi,

I'm just interested in the take-up of the new .co

Who here has ordered theirs? Why did you decide to get one (or more)?

Neil
Thu 22/07/10 at 15:06
"Are you sure?"
Freeola could donate www.hmmm.co to me - it is nearly a Freeola tribute site after all!

This could be part of the 'VIP/Affiliate' package I've been waiting a few years for ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 22/07/10 at 14:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Aye it is. I'm happy to continue taking that bait as long as I still work here ;) Passes the day, and keeps us on our toes.

I think it will be bigger than those particular domains, just for the hype this time round. But you never really can tell.
Thu 22/07/10 at 14:45
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt - I'm always joshing! :¬) Freeola baiting

You should see the budget I'm having to work with!

Having the .com/co.uk 'set' has normally been ok for what I do.
I'll see how .co pans out I think.
.eu and .info didn't really take off (in my eyes) even though I do have a couple so I'll wait to see if .co does the same.

I can recommend ip3.co.uk to everyone :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: I see freeola.co is now working.
Thu 22/07/10 at 14:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I assume the larger community would probably agree with you Hmmm.... but the facts are in the figures. This .co launch has been very popular.

Luke was meaning that freeola.co specifically is just another domain I think, rather than otherwise. But still I think you are just joshing so I'll leave the point there ;) (Phrase, dog/bone applies I think)

I got to admit though, I thought you would have got a couple of your own key ones. Just because.....

It's probably the number one reason for people registering new .co....to stop others getting them first.
Thu 22/07/10 at 14:18
"Are you sure?"
A co.uk with Freeola is £8.99 + VAT for two years against £37.99 + VAT for a .co - quite a difference!

I do appreciate it's not just Freeola who are charging high rates for .co :¬)

...what hype? - as LukeM told me "it's just another domain" ;¬)

I have 130 domains with Freeola at the moment. Most of my clients stick with co.uk and .com - it will be interesting to see what they make of .co :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 22/07/10 at 13:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
They're not that bad! .net's were expensive when they launched, (.com don't really count, as they were first). I suspect the registry may reduce the prices as time passes. Can't blame them for profiteering on the back of all the hype!
Thu 22/07/10 at 12:37
"Are you sure?"
Why are they so expensive?

I always think .info is over priced - .co is even worse :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 22/07/10 at 12:21
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It'll be interesting to see where .co goes. At the moment it's proving popular and the registry is reporting that the number of .co's registered after launch has already exceeded the number of pre-orders. 250000 registered so far! I'd recommend trying to secure you .co's if the domains are vaguely popular.
Thu 22/07/10 at 11:18
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Thanks for your advice Hmmm ^__^
Thu 22/07/10 at 11:11
"Are you sure?"
@LukeM

Too late!
I've gone with your "it's just another domain" reply and will be sticking with the traditional co.uk and .com TLDs :¬P

NB. I can recommend using a 301 redirect which can be setup with a couple of clicks within MyFreeola.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.