GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] Inception review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/07/10 at 12:17
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Let me just start by saying that Christopher Nolan is a living legend. His use of what I can only describe his “Vivid Imagination” is exquisite making every film he does stand out from the crowd and really grab you, making you pay attention to every detail. He is what makes Inception an absolute stormer of a film, one that since watching I have been questioning myself and life and I don’t normally think in a philosophical way so well done Mr Nolan.

I really want to go into the films details but wont as I do not wish to ruin it for everyone else as I really suggest you go and watch this for yourself.

The general premise of Inception is the ability to affect dreams, control dreams and the power of your own sub conscious. Without giving too much away as the concept of the power of dreams has been studied and discussed for centuries but this film makes it seem realistic in a strange way.

As in other Christopher Nolan films the way he gets his message across is powerful, extremely pleasing on the eye and mouth dropping in effects. From anti gravity fight scenes, to moving scenery this film really is something. I remember the first time I saw Bullet time in the Matrix, I was absolutely stunned. This film has made me feel the same.

The cast is great and perfect for the film, Leonardo Di Caprio is brilliant, his Character is dark with lots of secrets and he portrays this perfectly. Ellen Page (Juno) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays their parts well but the standout performance is that of Tom Hardy. He plays every part differently and his grasp of accents is brilliant.

The film itself is slightly on the long side, lasting almost 2 and a half hours but unlike Titanic, the last Twilight film and Dances with Wolves this doesn’t feel like it. Christopher Nolan is clever in his creation of this film, he makes it bright, big, loud and full of action for the everyday action film lover but then there is the very analytical psycho aspect that makes the intellectual viewer think. This film will become one of your favourite films, and Inception is exactly what has been done to every single person who has watched this film. As you will talk, think and discuss this film, just how they wanted.

10/10
GO WATCH IT!!
Thu 29/07/10 at 03:24
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
very confusing do you think the last part was a dream 2?
Tue 27/07/10 at 14:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
Mon 26/07/10 at 17:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Saw it today, thought it was outstanding. Not a masterpiece, and no where near deserving the hype it's getting, but a truly brilliant piece of cinema I'm recommending to all.
Mon 26/07/10 at 10:08
Regular
2009 didn't exactly drive me crazy with the cinema bug either. Avatar nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, oh dear.
Sat 24/07/10 at 15:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,agree with that mate.2010 hasn't been a stellar year for movies so far.
Fri 23/07/10 at 19:52
Regular
Okay, my bad. That movie was awesome. But this year is really barren. There have been times where I just wouldn't be able to go to the cinema because there haven't been any good movies out.
Fri 23/07/10 at 17:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
Only semi decent movie released this year ?,what about Kick Ass ?.
Fri 23/07/10 at 17:24
Regular
Didn't care for it.

"Look at me! I'm Inception, I'm trying really hard to be a good movie! Nobody criticises my mediocre plot and predictable twists because I'm the only semi-decent movie out this year (barring Toy Story)"

So sad.
Fri 23/07/10 at 16:50
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Anyone else seen this yet?
Tue 20/07/10 at 14:32
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Now here are two completely different views, I'm still gonna watch it since Nolan's generally a great film maker!

Butch, those are some deep cuts you've struck there though..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.