GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Join The R.S.P.C.N"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 16:14
Regular
I have formed this group because of the recent topics about being cruel to newbies.

Something has to be done about it so this group is the answer the R.S.P.C.N, (The Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Newbies)

It's a group wich if any member of the group sees unfair treatment of Newbies they report the people who are guilty. it's a bit Like the recent SPAMBUSTERS.

If you want to join put post your nickname.
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:46
He I want to join! Amazing to think I was a newbie once! You'd never have beleived it! Well I think newbeis have more than a right to be treated well and introduced to the ways of SR in a nice un-"You Stupid Idiot way".
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:44
Regular
Yep, some newbies are better posters than regulars. Two examples - Firebalt and Kitty.
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Hoo Har"
By the way, that last post sounds like I hate Newbies. This is not true; I have given respect to such Newbies like Firebalt that deserve to be treated in such way!

But people like FFF, which is a terrible example as he is a regular has about just the same respect as big fat juicy slug after you’ve just trod on it. He has his self to blame though!
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
VenomByte wrote:
> Actually, I have more respect for newbies than most regulars now. Might be
> something to do with the fact that just about all newbies try to post decent
> stuff, be it witty, informative or well written.

Thank you VenomByte for those kind words - I hope that you were in reference to me! No, seriously, I don't know why some people have issues with Newbies, all the Newbies I've met are nice enough, but then, maybe there's something I've been oblivious to - I really don't know. Will Regularism earn me respect here or do I have to do further achievements to earn it? Either way, thanks again for your kind words.

Firebalt.
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:24
So you are protecting the cruelty which people have to newbies so that it can't be destroyed by som enraged newbie
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Like Grix said, all of you stop taking this classing system so seriously. It proves nothing. For one its only a website, and two you will get the respect whether you are a Notable, Regular, Newbie or JAT if you earn it!

Stop all this nonsense, as it's just wasteing people’s time.

P.S. Doughnut Monster- by the time you had finished writing this post you could of thought of a decent worthy for a GAD!
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Back For Good"
I thought R.S.P.C.N was to prtect Nintys :-P
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:14
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> look someone needs to stick up for them if you won't i will.

It's hardly a
> wonder why some users are leaving, the way you lot treat them.

No, you idiot, the people leaving are regulars who post damn funny topics, just for your scum kind to say 'What is the meaning of this?'. Pah, I bite my thumb at you. You sir, are a giant crab.

:-D
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:00
Regular
Hmmm, nice response...no one thinking of joining...most people against the idea. Hmmm *again*

I think I will give this one a miss I'm afraid Scott.
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:57
"High polygon count"
The path of enlightenment ends at a large black monolith, with the letters "P", "S", and the number "2" carved in it.

Or to put it in Sesame Street terms so that the Ninty's can understand it...

"The Future of Gaming is brought to you by the letters P and S, and the number 2."

Have I stirred things up enough yet?

Hee hee... I said 'number 2' - how rude am I?! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.