GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rage against the corporate machine."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 13:09
Regular
Does the business side of the videogame industry hamper innovation. The only company I know that strives to innovate is Nintendo, but thats because they have a prestigious reputation and a large bank balance.
Mon 19/11/01 at 14:05
No, Bonus has a point. Did you know that most gamers today are between the ages of 18-25. Nintendo can not compete with Sony's more adult games. So, they take it to the kids because they know that parents won't buy their kids bloody games. I still can't believe what they did to Zelda but it's their choice.
Mon 19/11/01 at 14:01
Regular
I have a PS2.........

I had an N64 before my PS2.......

I don't harbour a deep hatred for Nintendo, I just can't stand the Ninty loyalists who think that Nintendo are divine and wouldn't do anything to make a quick buck.......

The company will do anything to make more money for it's shareholders, like milking every last penny out of Pokémon and the Gameboy. When you realise that the computer games industry is a business, and not some fairytale where Nintendo are a knight in shining armour, you will realise that all that counts is if you enjoy the game. Innovation, originality, graphics etc all mean nothing if it doesn't make money, I bet Shigsy would be the first to agree with that.......
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:58
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I know Nintendo are a business and there main aim is to make money. Bonus, do you harbour a deep hatred for Nintendo, let me guess, you have a playstation, or a PS2.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:55
Regular
They need money coming in to keep their shareholders and investors happy.........

They need money to pay Shigsy's wages.........

The stop innovating and release more pokemon games, more Mario Kart updates, more Donkey/Diddy Kong racing games.......

They need to prevent themselves from competing with Sony to make money, so they aim their games at a younger target audience and get parents to buy the system for their kids, hence Zelda being dramtically scaled down to suit kiddies.....

They need to pray that the GBA makes a massive profit......

In the mean time, Shigsy keeps the company sweet in the eyes of it's die hard fans by releasing Pikmin and announcing a new Mario game. Now that the loyalists are wrapped around the finger, we can feed them a load of tosh and pretend that we are the same old Nintendo, have their interests at heart, not the shareholder's pockets..........
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:51
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Just look at the new Zelda game. If they'd left it as it was, it would have sold loads to the mainstream but because the first approach was a game cul de sac, they innovated to show everyone they arn't scared to move the 'goal posts'.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:49
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
They need the money coming in to keep on innovating.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:47
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> uksgamer2002 wrote:
>The only company I know that strives to innovate is
> Nintendo

Now after a few posts from Bonus, this statement changes
> too

>It's just now Nintendo needs a cash cow to keep the money
> coming

You see, you were wrong in the first place, so why bother trying to
> defend them?? Nintendo are a company in a capitalist "country", their aim is to
> make money for their shareholders, get over it.

Welcome to world
> globalisation............
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:46
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
>The only company I know that strives to innovate is Nintendo

Now after a few posts from Bonus, this statement changes too

>It's just now Nintendo needs a cash cow to keep the money coming

You see, you were wrong in the first place, so why bother trying to defend them?? Nintendo are a company in a capitalist company, their aim is to make money for their shareholders, get over it.

Welcome to world globalisation............
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
When first released, the series was quite innovative. It's just now Nintendo needs a cash cow to keep the money coming in until Gamecube launches worldwide.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:40
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> But innovation sells when your given the time and resources to do it properly.

Yes, the Pokémon games all sell because of their innovate changes from the last version, not just a couple of new beasties to capture and enslave to your wicked competitions.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.