GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rage against the corporate machine."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 13:09
Regular
Does the business side of the videogame industry hamper innovation. The only company I know that strives to innovate is Nintendo, but thats because they have a prestigious reputation and a large bank balance.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Does the business side of the videogame industry hamper innovation. The only company I know that strives to innovate is Nintendo, but thats because they have a prestigious reputation and a large bank balance.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:14
Sony has a large bank account to but what is the since in innovation when you are killing all of the competition???
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:18
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
WTF. Can you re-word that?
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:22
Regular
Nintendo, with their 15 Pokemon games in two years, and 6 of which are the same as each other, except the unique Pokémon....................

A truely innovative company...............

Unlike the guys at Square, Konami or Sega who have ALL released 15 versions of their most successful franchises....
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:25
Why would a company want to spend more money innovating when they already have what they need to keep up to pace with the competition...
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:25
Regular
"*Plonk*"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Does the business side of the videogame industry hamper innovation. The only
> company I know that strives to innovate is Nintendo, but thats because they have
> a prestigious reputation and a large bank balance.

OK. Sony - big worldwide company.
OK. Microsoft, practically richest business in the word.

And you're telling me that Nittendo try to innovate because they have a large bank balence? Get Real. Theres another reason.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:30
I tried to put it in one simple sentence but he didn't seem to get it but Bonus seemed to finish it up nicely.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
But innovation sells when your given the time and resources to do it properly.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think you're forgetting something here - SeXBox, Gaycube, Gaystation 2. The last few months have seen the most powerful consoles ever released and some fantastic games to boot. When I was a boy (now I am a man, not a girl) they released new consoles every couple of years and I don't think the situation has changed at all. These new, more powerful consoles, will allow game designers to make games they couldn't previously and it's because people like Microsoft and Sony keep sucking up our money that they're able to do this. Don't forget that WE are the consumers and we have the final say in whether these consoles are successful or not.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
monkey_man wrote:
>When I was a boy (now I am a man, not a girl).

Clever wording monkey_man, I was worried for a minute.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.