GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Attitude towards newbies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 10:50
Regular
I hate to bring this up again but, like MJswerve said "Newbies need a second chance" some of your attitudes towards certain newbies and in some cases even regualrs, it's just horrific. Like for instants if a newbie posts a topic to try and win GAD you always manage to find something wrong with the topic like spellling mistakes and things like that then you let 'em have it.

Or if someone posted a review in the topics forums because they couldn't find it anywhare in the database you do the same thing. Even spammers have to have a second chance. I admit I was a spammer when I first joined and I regret it, but I was given a second chance by two certain members of this site you could say they were my role models. and I learned that if I posted completely useles topics they would get ingored and if I osted good topics I got some decent replies.

That's the way you need to treat spammers not by being horrible or unfair. If you ingore them they might come up with something decent if they learn the way I did.
Some poeple may even be special needs so how do you think they feel when you are mean to them.

So what I'm saying is stop this attitude you have towards newbies and spammers and give them a second chance.
Tue 20/11/01 at 09:50
"High polygon count"
Edwin25 wrote:
> And by the way, i ve been here how long and im STILL a newbie.

How to become a regular...

Step One: Don't get banned.
Tue 20/11/01 at 08:54
"I hate that!!!"
Tony wrote:
> Slam-man wrote:
> What happens to newbys?

They get slammed man

Slammed
> for their spelling, e.g. "newbys" instead of
> "newbies"

Slammed for their short posts e.g. "What happens to
> newbys?"

Slammed for their silly topics e.g.
> "Hello"

Slammed for their interest in WWF.

Slammed for their
> spam.

Then they get better and we get to like them. Thankyou Tony but do they really have to get "slammed" for everthing?
it's unesecary. Do you remember how I was treaded?

I certainly felt bad.
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:12
Regular
oooo BURN!
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Slam-man wrote:

They get slammed man

Slammed for their spelling, e.g. "newbys" instead of "newbies"

Slammed for their short posts e.g. "What happens to newbys?"

Slammed for their silly topics e.g. "Hello"

Slammed for their interest in WWF.

Slammed for their spam.

Then they get better and we get to like them.
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Yeah, newbies get no respect here!

And by the way, i ve been here how long and im STILL a newbie. What do i have to do, win the nobel peace prize or something?
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:57
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Doughnut Monster said:
>Some people may even be special needs so how do you think they feel when you are mean to them.

Not all newbies are treated badly, once you have earned respect of the others. I have no problem with how Im treated by the other forum users. As long as you don’t spam or do anything to put any others down you will be fine. As for spellings on these forums, some of them are bad. I have dyslexia (why do they make that such a hard word to spell) but my spelling isn’t as bad as some on these forums. Newbies shouldn’t be treated so bad by some, just because they didn’t like other newbies. But also some of the newbies need to learn how these forums are supposed to work! So a little work is required by both parties (not everyone does it)!
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:54
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Haven't seen that many just arriveds or newbies around recently, have they all turned into regulars or just disapeared.
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Slam-man wrote:

Unfortunately to some of them, nothing!

[You know who you are]
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:41
What happens to newbys?
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:37
Regular
frog guts are nicer than girrafe guts, custurd donuts and monkey guts!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.