GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"unfair trading on the net"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 22:05
Regular
I am here to talk about how shopping sites on the internet discriminate the uk's islands. Such as Isle of Wight Northern Island.

Those island dont get the special hardware offers on this site and countless others.

On some website's they dont even ship anything to places other than the uk mainland.

I can understand them trying to cut costs to a minium but does that cost-cutting system in the cutthroat business of e-commerse spread so far as to cut potential customers put of the incomes.

Dont get me wrong I am from the mainland uk but I am guessing channel island web shoppers have half as much choice as the rest of us.

Just to clear the record the topic is about the whole of e-commerse not just Special Reserve

Thank you for your time and patience in reading this,I feel important topic

Cheers

The silence has been broken by Silent85
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:29
As i said before (if you had bothered to read) i dont wanna change my name. I want to be honest, and earn my place back. Dont care how long it takes.

I have apologised, and learnt my lesson. Hopefully the wounds caused by my stupidity shall heal in time, and everything will be ok.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
basicly, edd

you mucked up

if you say somthing rude APOLOGISE imidiatly.

Instead you dug yourself even deeper into a hole and got banned.

ok!

And change your name

start over with new name so people won't know who it is.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:01
Hey little game shops are cool. Expensive, but the blokes there know their stuff. Unlike a dixions employee.
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Sibs wrote:
PS CB games is inside the Arcade in
> Union street. The arcade (not the videogame arcade) is about half way up, and
> has a load of tiny shops, clothes shops, a book shop, a musical instrument shop,
> CB games and some other tiny shops that sell junk. Oh and a Cafe.

Is that about half way up some busy street with the clothes shop at the begining of the arcade and the rip off cafe at the end with the games shop just before it? If it I went in there, small and dark no?

Oh and yeah I was one of those who plagued your streets a few years ago :-P
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:47
Sibs wrote:
> Tiltawhirl, since you are reading everything here have you read my story cos if
> you haven't just thought I'd tell you that you're in it.

PS I don;t know what
> Edwin said, but he obviously does have strong feelings about violence, just look
> at his Nintendo- Evil topic.

PS why are all his comments here banned? Surely
> we should be able to see what he wrote to judge ourselves whether we think he
> should have been banned.

Oh and Edwin, maybe you should write a
> letter...

I am really sorry... If you want me to leave I
> will...

O M G.

Someone on my side. Sweet mary.

Thanks for not being angry at me sibs, but if you knew the story you would be angry at me.

ya see i said stuff about ireland. Damn stupid stuff. this is because the topic can be vaguely connected to the emerald isle, and i have had a bad experience with the ira (I thought my bro had died in the manchester bomb. Worst day of my life, until i knew he was ok)

I am sorry. I was an idiot. Lets all just forget.
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Starlight wrote:
> I went to the IOW a few years ago, I remember Ryde, didn't see CB games though.
> Gah!

All I remember is HMV stocking vast amount of platimum Lylat Wars games,
> oh and loads of pigeons everywhere scaving for peoples Macdonalds.

:-)

ARGH! you are one of those EVIL tourists that invade our car parks, shops, beaches, etc. in the Summers!!!

Are you local???

PS CB games is inside the Arcade in Union street. The arcade (not the videogame arcade) is about half way up, and has a load of tiny shops, clothes shops, a book shop, a musical instrument shop, CB games and some other tiny shops that sell junk. Oh and a Cafe.
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:43
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Tiltawhirl, since you are reading everything here have you read my story cos if you haven't just thought I'd tell you that you're in it.

PS I don;t know what Edwin said, but he obviously does have strong feelings about violence, just look at his Nintendo- Evil topic.

PS why are all his comments here banned? Surely we should be able to see what he wrote to judge ourselves whether we think he should have been banned.

Oh and Edwin, maybe you should write a letter...

I am really sorry... If you want me to leave I will...

(trying to be a peacemaker here...)
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:43
Now lylat wars.....thats a good game.

Wish you could kill that frog bloke though.
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:41
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I went to the IOW a few years ago, I remember Ryde, didn't see CB games though. Gah!

All I remember is HMV stocking vast amount of platimum Lylat Wars games, oh and loads of pigeons everywhere scaving for peoples Macdonalds.

Tue 20/11/01 at 22:38
I was making a joke, about how your about as forgiving as a rather steep cliff someone just jumped off.

Look, i dont care about making myself look stupid. I just dont want to have a bad rep for one topic when i let my emotions about the past get me. Sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.