GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Invasion of the Poke-It-Ons (Story- All Star Cast)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 14:48
Regular
Mr. Yamauchi was feeling particularly proud. The now universally famous Poke-It-Ons had just been launched in Europe. A decade earlier, they had just been a little idea of some young games designer hired by Nintendo, now they were a global phenomenon. Eight long years ago they had launched in Japan. The consumers in Japan lapped up this original and kooky idea…

The game had been released on the Super Game Boy Turbo 2 Revival Edition, which had strong third party support, especially from Capcom with their Street Fighter Advance series. Poke-It-On had been a hit. Players got a free cuddly toy with the game which included a chip in it so the so the Super Game Boy Information Station Chip Reader could read the information about their Poke-It-On and convert it into game data like Poke-It-On type, sex, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Players had to fight their Poke-It-On with others to increase its level and make it stronger. Players could expand their team by buying more chipped cuddly toys and having their data read into the game.

A year after the Japanese received the game the reams of crucial text, data and Poke-It-On names had been converted into English. This let the American launch go ahead. The hype had been mounting, and it paid off for Nintendo. Again the Poke-It-Ons were a huge hit. The cuddly toys were banned from schools as they distracted pupils and bullies often stole them.

Now, eight long years after the Japanese launch, and seven after the US, Europe was finally going to get a taste of the Poke-It-On craze. But they were letting something much more sinister into the EU than anyone could have predicted…

-----EPISODE 2-----

Deeply embedded within every Poke-It-On cuddly toy is a Super Game Boy Pi-krap-chu Edition Mini Camera. From Japan Mr. Yamauchi could watch the Poke-It-On hysteria grow. But even more sinister was a mind beacon device developed by one of Nintendo’s many second parties called ‘Yuri Systems’. When activated it could take control of youngsters in the immediate area around the so-called toy.

Mr. Yamauchi’s plan was all going well. The hype in Japan had led to great success in America. In this land of the free he was sure the children could gain access to the higher level military equipment they would need. Now all he needed was the Europeans. Well every other World War was centred in Europe. If nothing else, at least Mr. Yamauchi was being consistent. The European launch was just as hectic as Japan and the US, parents desperately trying to get their ‘little angels’ Poke-It-Ons before they sold out in the Christmas rush. And it was only July.

By Christmas almost no child had a Poke-It-On free holiday, but the parents thanks for them came the very next day. Mr. Yamauchi decided it was time, and flicked the little red switch. Instantly child’s minds went blank. The next thoughts they had were along the lines of “KILL SONY” (except in rare cases where the translation was distorted, and came out as “KILL SHEEPY”, as if he didn’t have enough problems with Dringo!)

TO BE CONTINUED...

What will happed to Sheepy? Will Sony finally be destroyed? Are we all doomed?
Find out soon in the next episode...
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
===== THE FINALE =====

Ev][L~Dark shot up in bed, the LED blinking in his eye. He could remember the dream vividly. But how did he know he was really awake, and wasn’t just dreaming that LED blinking in his eye? This gadget Richard Garriot had lent him really screwed with his mind. Was this all real? Was he asleep or awake? Was this part of some new game? Ev][L~Dark couldn’t be sure. But what he did know was he had saved the world. Whether it was in reality, a game or just in his mind, he had experienced it. He looked around his room for some evidence. There was nothing…except a small block of fine Edam in his pocket…

But then he noticed it. In the corner. Had it been there before?
A mere stuffed toy. Or was it?

Ev][l~Dark got the uneasy feeling he was being watched…
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
---EPISODE XII---

“HEY!!! Can anyone hear me? I’m ALIVE!!!”
*Narrator: Not you again! That was supposed to kill everyone!”
“What about Strafex? He’s still flying that stupid plane around!”
Narrator: Fine then…

Just at that moment Strafex and his Argh-Wing came into sight. Its’ engine was stuttering and try as he might, Strafex couldn’t level it out. He was heading straight for the burnt out remains of Grixs house. Sheepy started to attempt a dash for safety, but couldn’t clamber over the rubble quick enough. The Argh-Wing craft crashed right into Sheepy.

Narrator: You’d better be dead this time…
“It’s only a flesh wound, it’s only a flesh wound…” came the panicked yells.
Narrator: Right! That’s it!

One final Poke-It-On toy had survived the previous blasts and it began slowly walking to the burnt out remains where the Argh-Wing and Sheepy were lying. As it got to the Argh-Wing it clambered inside and then,
*BEEEEEEEEP
*BOOM
Simultaneously all the Argh-Wings remaining Argh-Bombs and the fuel tank exploded in a fiery inferno. Nothing could ever survive a blast that hot, and even if it did, the radiation would slowly kill anything, giving a slow and excruciating death that had no cure.
*Narrator: Ha! Get out of that one…

For the second time all was silent…
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
EPISODE XI (bet you never thought it'd be this long did you?)

“Ant, what the hell are you doing here anyway?” Asked Tiltawhirl
“My drug lord boss told me to blow the Nintendo building. Looks like you guys saved me a job. Us gangster types can’t let all those back payments from magic mushrooms go you know. And they had a lot!” As the group looked back on the Nintendo building they saw small figures moving slowly in their direction. “What are they?” Inquired Ant.
“Poke-It-Ons. Can’t do anything now. Their control centre is gone, so they can’t control minds now.” Answered Cooky.
“Umm, they’re not quite harmless… when I was facing Yamauchi I saw him demonstrate their ‘extra features’ as it were. Each one is packed with C4 like a walking proximity mine!”

“This way!” yelled a voice. It was Sheepy! “I’ve found an open house. We can hide out there!” Everyone piled in and the door was barricaded shut. The house was searched for supplies. Sheepy took a look upstairs, and heard a strange noise from one of the rooms. He slowly reached for the door handle and turned it, then flung open the door.
“Burn Sony, Burn Sony!” came the chant. The guy was circling a flaming PS2 doing the strange chant.
“Grix? Is that you?” Sheepy asked, “What are YOU doing here?”
“Oh, hi Sheepy. I live here. Didn’t I tell you? I got fed up of European release dates so I moved over here. What are you doing in my house?”
“Grix why are you burning that thing? Hasn’t the mind control from the Poke-It-Ons worn off?”
“What do you mean ‘mind control’? Heh, see, Nintendo are always coming up with innovative new ideas for their games. Mind Control? Who else but Ninty could have come up with that?” Suddenly the terrible truth dawned on Sheepy. Grixs’ room was full of the cuddly Poke-It-Ons. He grabbed Grix and bolted down the stairs.
“GET OUT OF HERE!” Sheepy yelled. But it was too late. The barricaded door had been busted and Poke-It-Ons were already flooding down the stairs.
“It was nice knowing you guys.” Remarked Tiltawhirl, “actually, who are you?” he asked to the youngster who had seen off yamauchi.

“I’m E…”
*BOOM*

The explosion from the Poke-It-Ons cut him short. All was silent…

-----GAME OVER...-----
(or is it?)

Is this the end for the un-named hero of the story? Did Sheepy survive two deaths for nothing? What happened to Strafex? And Tony? Is Sibs really creul enough to let it and this way? And will he ever learn to spell?

Find out next time... (if there is a next time)

Wait and see. This might be the end... but it might not. What do you think? Give your opinions and if I get a few replies then maybe you'll find out if it REALLY is the end... but then again maybe not. Still, post a few replies about what you think of the story (... so far ...)
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh, if anyone can, tell Ant to read this (as he just featured in it...)

Bet he'll be annoyed, being in a Nintys story

:-)
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Wahey. You wait for a reply for hours then two come all at once!

(a bit like buses. Or trains. or any public transport in the UK...)
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I have no idea...I'm out of school and u are still taxing my brain.... :( there's quite a few kids here in Ukchatforums aged 13....
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:36
Regular
So I get to fly an ace Space ship and work with Shigsy to save the Creative side of Nintendo from the darker side...

Wehey!

Can we rescue Grix Thraves from the Evil Yamauchi?

He'll repay us by hiring us for Swordspines and the three of us will make games, happily ever after!
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
ummm... pop.

Can someone reply to this?

Oh, and can you guess who the mystery hero dude is?

(I'll betcha no-one replies to this!)
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh here you go you lucky people (or unlucky, depending how you look at it...) here is another addition to my story.

========== EPISODE X ==========

The fierce deity mask fell to the floor, leaving our hero as a thirteen-year-old boy once again.
“Gotta get outta here!” he muttered. He ran for the exit, but through the door unfinished business was waiting.

“Stop right there! You’re not escaping this place!”
“It’s over Cooky! You’re finished. Lets get the hell out of here before we both end up dead!”
“NO! It will never be over. You shot me in the goddamn face you little $#@*!”
“Yeah, how come you’re not dead? I know this is Nintendo and all, but this is getting ridiculous!”
“Hey, that guy out of Goldeneye survived being shot in the face. Why can’t I?”
With that, Tiltawhirl entered from the lift.
“It’s over Cooky. We can’t beat him! He’s the chosen one… We need to get out of here. I know you are loyal to Nintendo, but Yamauchi’s scheme has gone too far! It ends here!”

The three ended their disputes for the time being and ran like hell to get out of the building. As they exited the ground floor they saw a Mundano parked outside.
“It’ll have to do” panted Tiltawhirl, as they clambered in. Suddenly they realised someone was already in the car.
“Drive damn you, this whole place is about to blow!” yelled Cooky.
“Okay, okay, came the reply. Don’t worry, I’ve played Grand Theft Auto 3!”
“OH $#@* !” replied all three passengers. It was Ant in the driver’s seat.

He sped off, pedal to the metal, and as he was driving by the hordes of Poke-It-On controlled Japanese kids, he still managed to lean out the window and spray hot lead at them. Ant steered straight towards a bloke running for his life.
*Splat*
“Ant! You’re only supposed to kill the Poke-It-On controlled kids! This is what happens when you play evil games on the Playstation2!” Yelled Tiltawhirl. But Ant was having way too much fun to listen. Behind them they heard the huge explosion, and dust and debris began chasing them through the streets.
“FLOOR IT” the three passengers, yelled in unison. Ant did so, and flicked the switch on the gearbox, marked Nitrous Oxide.
“HERE WE GO… NITROS!” Screamed Ant in a fit of almost psychotic daring. He weaved in and out of the parked cars and straight through many people and through plenty off ill placed cardboard boxes and stacks of old newspapers. The nitro boost finally ended and the burnt out motor skidded to a halt. Behind the car the once towering Nintendo building was just so much rubble and incinerated stockpiles of Poke-It-On merchandise.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Is this the end of Nintendo? Are we FINALLY gonna find out who the hell the hero actually is? What the hell is Ant doing in Japan?

Find out in tomorrow editions of INVASION OF THE POKE-IT-ONS (or will you).

Tomorrow should bring the final conclusion to the series (if you're lucky :D)
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
OH ****!

I forgot AGAIN!

Oh well, here goes...

TO BE CONTINUED... (tomorrow)

Will our young hero escape the imminent explosion? Will he ever get the Fierce Deity mask again so he can that funky afro back? And will that annoying message on the PA EVER shut up?

Find out in tomorrows two (or maybe three) exciting episodes!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.