GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do some people think x-box is better than GameCube?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 12:34
Regular
Focusing on gaming aspects alone, (because that's what we really buy these consoles for right?) can anyone give me valid reasons why the X-box is better than the Gamecube? In the Microsoft forum it just seems to be macho talk that the X-box is better than PS2 and GameCube, but no reasons why. Have some people set their sights on the X-box just because of the size of the Microsoft Corporation? Have some people got the attitude that just because it is from Microsoft it has to be the best?
Sat 12/01/02 at 10:01
I c ur point. The XBOX is expensive. thats why I'm not getting a Gcube or PS2. I wouldn't mind a Gcube though.
Sat 12/01/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im only getting a GC because I cant really afford an X-Box!! Still I may and probably will get one eventually!!
Sat 12/01/02 at 18:04
Regular
"¬_¬"
kingdingaling wrote:
> Focusing on gaming aspects alone, (because that's what we really buy these
> consoles for right?) can anyone give me valid reasons why the X-box is better
> than the Gamecube? In the Microsoft forum it just seems to be macho talk that
> the X-box is better than PS2 and GameCube, but no reasons why. Have some people
> set their sights on the X-box just because of the size of the Microsoft
> Corporation? Have some people got the attitude that just because it is from
> Microsoft it has to be the best?

----------

Ok. Two reasons.
1) The machine has the best technology, far more superior
2) The games are as good as and better than the PS2

You sound like a person who hates Microsoft. Don't. The Xbox is a great machine, with very good games as well. People nowadays just dis things because of who they are, not caring whether they are good or not.
Sun 20/01/02 at 11:21
I feel that the Gamecube will not be as successful over here than either the Xbox or the Ps2

The reason,

Nintendo stuff is Cartridge based. ( Thats just stupid! )

The audio quality was much betetr on playstation and will be on xbox as it is cd quality
I also seem to think that nintendo is more of a kids console basically because all the games were like bouncy fluffy animals and not much blood and gore. (altho there were a couple near the end of the console) and i feel it will be the same for the gamecube.

Any1 else has this opinion?
Sun 20/01/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Xen wrote:
Nintendo stuff is Cartridge based. ( Thats
> just stupid! )

The GC isnt cartridge based. It uses new 8cm discs that provide 1.5GB worth of data and still loads as quick as a cartridge.

GC will do well over here as there are many games that are very good. Also there are some very good gory games coming out, like Resident Evil Rebirth, 0 and 4.
Sun 20/01/02 at 21:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
For Christ's sake!

ALL the new consoles are great! The GC has Ninty's first party games (which are always AAA quality), the PS2 has established brands like GT and GTA, and the Xbox has some really great new games.

All that matters is the quality of the GAMES, and nothing else. The fact the Xbox is powerful doesn't meen it'll have bettre games than the PS2! Luckily for gamers though, it does have some stunners, and is really a serious competitor.

For someone to say "I'll get the Xbox because it's got the best specs" is pure stupidity- a true gamer just wants to play the games, and couldn't care about how they're made. After all, in my mind few games come close to beating Mario Cart (SNES) in terms of quality, despite better graphics.

Finally, Adrian, the PS2 does indeed get more power than a PC based console would with the same specs, but it is still less powerful than both the GC and Xbox... not that it matters at all.

Sonic
Mon 21/01/02 at 15:19
Regular
"not dead"
Xen wrote:
> I feel that the Gamecube will not be as successful over here than either the
> Xbox or the Ps2

The reason,

Nintendo stuff is Cartridge based. ( Thats
> just stupid! )

The audio quality was much betetr on playstation and will be
> on xbox as it is cd quality
I also seem to think that nintendo is more of a
> kids console basically because all the games were like bouncy fluffy animals and
> not much blood and gore. (altho there were a couple near the end of the console)
> and i feel it will be the same for the gamecube.

Any1 else has this opinion?

I have an opinion. It's that you don't exist. You are a regular in disguise, hence such daft comments.

Either that or future generations are doomed.
Thu 24/01/02 at 07:40
Does any one remeber the time when a brand new console came out and it just happend to be the fastest with the best grapics. Every one I knew rushed to get one. But now somone has finally made a very fast and powerful console they just turn their noses up at it. WHY? The XBOX does have very good games but the fact that it is powerful seems to give people a reason to NOT like it.
Fri 25/01/02 at 09:09
Regular
"not dead"
Stick-X wrote:
> Does any one remeber the time when a brand new console came out and it just
> happend to be the fastest with the best grapics. Every one I knew rushed to get
> one. But now somone has finally made a very fast and powerful console they just
> turn their noses up at it. WHY? The XBOX does have very good games but the fact
> that it is powerful seems to give people a reason to NOT like it.

I think that it has something to do with the fact that there are 3 consoles available that have a similar level of 'power'. They each have very different arcitecture though, so you can't make comparisons on them based on their components easily.

When people say that the Xbox is more powerful, it doesn't mean that it will have superior games, and this seems to get up some peoples noses.

Personally I don't give a stuff. It doesn't have a huge amount of games that I want, so I won't be getting one. Simple as that.
Fri 25/01/02 at 19:24
To be honest none of the 3 contenders have a HUGE amount of games. Just XBOX has the mst varity and originality. There might be games to the PS2 or Gcube which are origninal but I think the XBOX has more

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.