GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do some people think x-box is better than GameCube?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 12:34
Regular
Focusing on gaming aspects alone, (because that's what we really buy these consoles for right?) can anyone give me valid reasons why the X-box is better than the Gamecube? In the Microsoft forum it just seems to be macho talk that the X-box is better than PS2 and GameCube, but no reasons why. Have some people set their sights on the X-box just because of the size of the Microsoft Corporation? Have some people got the attitude that just because it is from Microsoft it has to be the best?
Mon 17/12/01 at 14:02
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
and game developers have said that the x-box is the easiest consol they have had to make games for.

and if its games u want x-box is better cause the only one i seen for gamecube that is anygood is star wars:rouge leader. (mario, zelda (i used to like), pokemon and abe r for kids).
Mon 17/12/01 at 16:19
"I hate that!!!"
Morepowerfull for a start, it's kind of like a scaled down version of a PC.
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Buts its more powerful than any current PC graphics card. It maybe scaled down but its all modified so every piece of hardware works perfectly with each other. PC graphic cards have to take in account for differnet RAM types, amount of RAM, processor type, processor speed e.t.c. PC's have to be capatable with every thing and Windows is always running underneath which consoles dont have.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:26
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Simple answer to the question...

It's a matter of opinion. Everyone feels differently about the various consoles.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Don't mess"
XBOX is better

What follows is a list of pros

Faster and more powerful hardware giving a more engrossing gaming environment

Good, ORIGINAL games. (not relying on sequels like PS2 and GC)

The reason the XBOX is so big (other that the sheer amount of stuff in it) is that Microsoft wished to eliminate excess vibrations caused by the console and therefore reduce the noise it makes. The PS2 and GC both buzz while playing which is no big deal in the day as you can turn the TV volume up but when you are sat playing halo all night you don't want to be keeping your 6'5" 300lb neighbor up with the sound of aliens spilling their guts all over the floor (ie you can turn it down and still hear it.)
Thu 10/01/02 at 21:01
ruckus wrote:
> and game developers have said that the x-box is the easiest consol they have had
> to make games for.

Sonicrav this is why the specs matter crap specs arn't gonna get u very far are they. Ps2 developers find it hard to make any large/ground braking because of the lack of power the Ps2 has.
Thu 10/01/02 at 21:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Stick-X....

Errrr... developers DO NOT say "the xbox is the easiest to develop for"... SOME developers do... like Bungie, Oddworld inhabitants etc...

Some say the "GC is the easiest"... like Sonic Team, capcom, etc...

Basically developers promote the console they are working on...

OH, and anyone with half a brain will realise the specs of a console mean nothing. It is ignorant to say this. All that matters is the games. TRUE game fans realise this.

That said, the Xbox has some great games... and for that reason I'll probably get one in a few months. However, the PS2 also has some great games- some better than Xbox, some worse- and for that reason I have a PS2.

And good games are why I really wanna get a GC too...

Now, why don't you go any join you nintendo fanboys corner at primary school, and miss the joys of the games that appear on other consoles.

Sonic
Fri 11/01/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stick-X wrote:
Sonicrav this is why the specs
> matter crap specs arn't gonna get u very far are they. Ps2 developers find it
> hard to make any large/ground braking because of the lack of power the Ps2 has.

Specs dont matter. Why? Take a look at PS1 specs are pretty rubbish yet its out lived the N64 and DC. DC has ceased production, N64 has no new games at all and PS1 is still being sold and new games are still being mad.

You could have a console that is 1000 times more powerfull than the X-box but the only games you could play would be rubbish card games, pinball or some equal rubbish game. Would you buy? No because you would be bored within 2 seconds of the games.

Games are make a console not the spec, specs do help to bring a nice looking game to a console but if its got less play in it than a ping pong ball nobody will care.

PS2 is powerfull. To compare the PS2 to any other console is wrong. As sonicRav has said before PS2 is completely new technology, no console has ever been built the same way. The PS2 is probably as powerfull as the X-box, its just that developers have to work on the programming. Take Jak and Daxter for example. Its the first CD/DVD based game to elminate loading times with in game play. You can change between levels with no loading times.

All 3 next gen consoles are as good as each other. You are just biased towards X-Box, I think. And before you have a go at me saying that iam biased I own a PS1, PS2, N64, DC and have a X-Box on pre-order. Will also probably get a GC in the summer.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:58
Fistly grow up sonicrav, why can't you except another persons point of view, insted of making babyish comments wich is what we all did at primary school. I didn't say that specs were the only thing that matter. If i truly belived this then i would go and buy the best PC on the market. The PS2 and GC are good, but yes i am biast towards Xbox pure and simple it's the only console that has the games that i want to get, the GC games are a bit to babbyish and the PS2 doesn't have a large range of games (It has all diffrent types of games but alot more of one type than others). If GC and PS2 could handle Halo, Munches oddysee and amped i'd get them.
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:04
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I'm probably gonna get Gamecube, as I generally prefer nintendo to microsoft. It's also cheaper, and i'm low on cash! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.