GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do some people think x-box is better than GameCube?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 12:34
Regular
Focusing on gaming aspects alone, (because that's what we really buy these consoles for right?) can anyone give me valid reasons why the X-box is better than the Gamecube? In the Microsoft forum it just seems to be macho talk that the X-box is better than PS2 and GameCube, but no reasons why. Have some people set their sights on the X-box just because of the size of the Microsoft Corporation? Have some people got the attitude that just because it is from Microsoft it has to be the best?
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:56
setting my sights eh, i have no sights...
Thu 07/02/02 at 12:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Project Gotham looks amazing. I really liked its predecessor on the DC. X-Box does have a strong line up of games. Also I think I good way to have people buy a console is the amount of good games released after a launch. PS2 had its launch and then not that many good games came out till 4 or 5 months later.

X-Box has Wreckless, Jet Set Radio Future and Buffy the Vampire Slayer coming out in the first 4 or 5 weeks of the launch.

GC has Resident Evil, Super Smash Brothers released 3 weeks after launch and then Pikmin a few weeks after that.
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:48
and although project gotham has been a let down...
DOA3 HaLo and azurik look promising.
Is the x-box really game region free???
why bother with the uk buy one form the us i think unless the broad band wouldnt be compatible?
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:47
i think furbys right and also sonic rav.
The next gen consoles are all great i just think the cube has the edge games wise there launch titles are tunning although ive only got teh 5 best ones and havent seen teh wheat amongst the chaff
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:07
Regular
"That's right!"
OK, so I wouldn't say no to a free X-Box, but other than that, there's no way I'm getting one

GameCube for me!
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:06
i would say the xbox is the most powerfull console, but its arcitecture is not full games optimised, like the pentium 3 chip, is based fully on the x86 system which is intended for the pc operating system, so i would say it looses out a lot on that, the xbox still has to prove to, it has the walk after all the talk.
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
"(-_{}_-)"02 wrote:
> the xbox has 733mhz which is more than the gamecube and the ps2 put together, so
> it has NUCH better graphics than both.

Processor speed doesnt matter, it the architecture that matters. The PS2's architecture is completely different to that of the X-Box and GC.

Take a AMD XP 1900+, its 1600 mhz processor yet its performance rivals that of a Pentium 4 1900 mhz. As thats why they call it a XP 1900+ chip. So 300 mhz difference in speeds yet the AMD is a equal contender.

All 3 of the next gen consoles are pretty much equal in performance. I would have to say that the X-Box is probably the most powerfull of the consoles but not by much. PS2's architecture allows for some amazing graphics to be programmed, but because of the different architecture games programmers havent even begun to use the power the PS2 has.
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:41
"INSAAANE!!!!"
the xbox has 733mhz which is more than the gamecube and the ps2 put together, so it has NUCH better graphics than both. The audio is better than both other consoles.
[It has one of the best launch lineups ever seen on a console. It has many other brilliant games in the pipeline. It has most of the best computor games developers signed up to make games.] The gamecube has none of these.
Sat 26/01/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Xen wrote:

The audio quality was much betetr on playstation and will be
> on xbox as it is cd quality

No I don't think so.
Fri 25/01/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stick-X wrote:
There might be games to the PS2 or Gcube which
> are origninal but I think the XBOX has more

I would disagree the GC has more orginal titles compared with the X-Box. X-Box has a very strong line up of games but none arent really orginal, just very good examples of games.

Halo is a basic FPS with alot of nice extras.
Dead Or Alvie 3 is a beat em up.
Project Gothem is the sequel to MSR on the DC.
Jet Set Radio Future is the sequel to the DC game.

e.t.c

The GC in my view has to have more orginal games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.