GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you support Sega, then reply."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 11:49
Regular
I love my dreamcast, it's a crying shame that it's being killed off the way it is?
The dreamcast has so many top titles it's like having an arcade machine in your living room or bedroom.
Why does it have to come to an end?
There are so meny Dreamcast owners who would still buy new Quality games if the support was there from software companies.
I feel abit like Sega have let us down, chucking in the towel early agree or disagree?

The Dreamcast is better than Playstation2 in lots of ways ie:- great original games, fun games, arcade quality games,
agree or disagree.

I really hope the dreamcast does not come a thing of the past because it does not deserve it.

It's time for us Proud Sega owners to speak our mind and tell the world how good the machine really is?

Bye for now, please comment good or bad?
Cheers Crusher.
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:45
Your Honour wrote:
> One of the reasons that the DC didn't sell as many units as it could have was
> because of dodgy shops!

I was looking around, getting some info on the DC
> before I bought one, and the bloke in the shop said to me "You don't want
> to get a DreamCast, wait for the PS2 instead."

I totally agree with that, when I went into my local games shop even before the Dreamcast was released they seemed to be persauding everyone who wanted a DC to wait for the Playstation2. What was this all about? dodgy dealings or what.
Cheers Crusher.
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:51
Regular
"DS..."
REP...<<< this is a Half-Reply
slik ~_~
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
If Sega had supported their machine and Europe a bit better perhaps things whould not be the way they are now.

Their on-line launch was a shambles and we all know it.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:07
They only did that because they still remember the great sucess that the ps1 had and figured that they might as well plug the PS2. Now that I think about it now though most stores here are only PS2 related!? HHMM CONSPIRACY!? Could be!
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:03
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Thats a VERY good point. Every games shop in my area seems Sony orientated. I see a conspiracy theory emergin.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Thats a VERY good point. Every games shop in my area seems Sony orientated.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:01
Regular
One of the reasons that the DC didn't sell as many units as it could have was because of dodgy shops!

I was looking around, getting some info on the DC before I bought one, and the bloke in the shop said to me "You don't want to get a DreamCast, wait for the PS2 instead."

I was like "What?!".

How can that work? Shop people are there to help you, not to talk you into buying something else!

I thought that was despicable and I've never bought anything else from that shop again. Bearing in mind this wasn't some little independant store, but a big high street name.

What I really want to know now is, did that bloke tell me that off his own head, or had Sony "had words" with shops?
Mon 19/11/01 at 12:53
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Sega ain't dead and buried yet and hopefully in a few years they'll bring out a new console.
Mon 19/11/01 at 12:50
Sega had a good thing going with the Dreamcast they just pretty much ran out of money. They had good titles no people to contened with but they just couldn't cut it. Accually if you think about it the only real system that they could keep running was the Genesis. I really thought that the Dreamcast would last longer than what it did but I guess I was wrong.
Sun 18/11/01 at 13:09
JaCeeUK wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> dreamcast game cases are gay
they dont open properly
the
> book has to go in the
> back
the sheet in the back easily gets all crapped
> up
Mystique, if
> the only problem with the DC is its cases. Then that makes the DC a pretty damn
> good console wouldn’t you think!?

I agree totally with you, if that's all playstation owners can come up with to down the DC, then it's a compliment to the greatness of the machine.
Cheers Crusher.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.