GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you support Sega, then reply."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 11:49
Regular
I love my dreamcast, it's a crying shame that it's being killed off the way it is?
The dreamcast has so many top titles it's like having an arcade machine in your living room or bedroom.
Why does it have to come to an end?
There are so meny Dreamcast owners who would still buy new Quality games if the support was there from software companies.
I feel abit like Sega have let us down, chucking in the towel early agree or disagree?

The Dreamcast is better than Playstation2 in lots of ways ie:- great original games, fun games, arcade quality games,
agree or disagree.

I really hope the dreamcast does not come a thing of the past because it does not deserve it.

It's time for us Proud Sega owners to speak our mind and tell the world how good the machine really is?

Bye for now, please comment good or bad?
Cheers Crusher.
Sat 17/11/01 at 11:49
I love my dreamcast, it's a crying shame that it's being killed off the way it is?
The dreamcast has so many top titles it's like having an arcade machine in your living room or bedroom.
Why does it have to come to an end?
There are so meny Dreamcast owners who would still buy new Quality games if the support was there from software companies.
I feel abit like Sega have let us down, chucking in the towel early agree or disagree?

The Dreamcast is better than Playstation2 in lots of ways ie:- great original games, fun games, arcade quality games,
agree or disagree.

I really hope the dreamcast does not come a thing of the past because it does not deserve it.

It's time for us Proud Sega owners to speak our mind and tell the world how good the machine really is?

Bye for now, please comment good or bad?
Cheers Crusher.
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:21
"period drama"
i think Sega should just become a big games company, sharing all their games across all formats.

they'd rock
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Crusher wrote:
> it's like having an arcade machine in
> your living room or bedroom.

Wow... its been a long time since I've noticed anyone think like that! ... Good Stuff! :)
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
You can say that the Dreamcast is better than the PS2 because of original games an all, but there wasn't enough Dreamcast's sold to make it worth Sega's while, at the end of the day, they are all in it for the money. Sege made great games, and I mean GREAT Games, but unfortunatly they are not so sucsessful in selling the actual Machine.

I think that Sega have made a good choice to contine to just develop games, as it's better than just packing up and quicting the industly alltogether.

I loved my Dreamcast, and all my Sega Consoles, but in reality I didn't like the machine, after all a console is, is bit's of wire and chips all put together, it was the games which I loved from Sega, and now that they are supporting the more popular consoles, they (fingers crossed)
will sell a lot more games, make a lot more money, and so continue to create even better, original, entertaining games.

And I can't wait to see what comes out of the Sega Department.
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Unfortunaly, no matter how many topics we right about it or no matter how many times we complain to Sega. There just not gonna' budge and start selling the DC again...

The DC though is still producing some good games now and then. Shenmue II for instance.

Alot of people say that the DC is dead, but not in my eyes. As long as my DC is plugged in my room and working bringing me hours of gaming time then it is defiantly alive!

I think, one of the main problems with the DC was that it was realesed to early. It wasn't really classsed as a next gen console. If it realesed it self about a month before the PS2 at a lower price than £300 then I think we'd have more owners of the DC and it would be still selling well today with many fans.
So therefore, its nothing to do with games. As I think the DC as the best bunch of titles on any other console so far!

But I've got to stick up for the PS2 as well. Many people are saying that the DC is much better than the PS2. But your wrong, if it was DC would still be in buisness selling tons of consoles every week, just like the PS2.

Sega, like they are doing should stick at being game desginers. AS they produce the best games. They should make Shenmue II for PS2. Eventually I think Sega will quiet down, just producing games. Then in about 7 years, BANG!. They'll announce there producing a console!

If Sega do this the console would do well. Sony has never had a faliure of a console and wouldnt know what to do in the posistion the DC is in at the moment. Sega will learn from there mistakes and there'll also learn what games make people click!

Thanks for Reading...
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:37
I agree with most of what you said, but I still believe that the dreamcast is a better machine then playstation2.
There are too many gamers following trends and not finding out for themselve's the best gaming console's that are around.
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
There is both a PS2 and a DC in my house, the PS2 is better in my opinion, does that mean that I haven't found out which is better for myself??

The DC is like having an arcade machine in your home, which exactly one of the reasons it failed, there is not enough depth in arcade games to bring them home and keep people entertained for quite a while. Crazi Taxo doesn't hold a candle to GTA3 for example, GTA3 even has a sort of Crazi Taxi mini game in it.....
Sat 17/11/01 at 16:01
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Funnily enough, I was playing my Dreamcast today for about an hour. God, it has been ages since I've played Crazy Taxi and Shenmue. I have to say that Playstation 2 seems resonsible for the premature demise of the Dreamcast. Playstation 2 is vastly overated and personally, I don't like it very much. Dreamcast is a classic console, Playstation 2 isn't. Heck, PS1 isn't! To be classic, you have to release games that will captivate you. To me, Sony will never be classic. Sure, they have the graphics backing them, but I think that with the next generation consoles, it will crash and burn - and I damn well hope so too!

Firebalt.
Sat 17/11/01 at 16:34
Regular
Yes, 20 million PS2s sold worldwide, deifnately signs of a massive failure.......
Sat 17/11/01 at 16:35
Regular
Some of the best games I've ever played are on Dreamcast. It was just becoming a truly great console when Sega pulled the plug. It's a shame, but hey, I'll be playing games like Shenmue 1&2, Crazy Taxi 2, Jet Set Radio, Headhunter, plus others for months, perhaps years to come.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.