GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DECEMBER CHARITY APPEAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
DECEMBER CHARITY APPEAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

It does just what it says on the topic heading.
Sat 17/11/01 at 09:10
Regular
This is very unlike me, but I suppose if I WAS too win GAD before the time I would more than likely be pleased to give it away to a charity. I remember the picture from last years magazine and those children looked realy happy.....it would be good to repeat it, but this time be involved.
Sat 17/11/01 at 14:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well I suppose you'd only give away computer stuff so there my Amnesty International plan doon the toilet... maybe same as last year but not the same hospital.

Damn greedy kids

:-)
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:04
Regular
"Whatever!"
Last years charity GAD wins was an excellent idea and very sucessfull - I suggest we do the same again but as someone said earlier donate them to different charities instead of just one!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 19:33
To be honest a repeat of last years appeal would be cool, besides it will be a different set of sick kids that benefit this year. If some kid has been in hospital for a year and benefits again they probably deserve cheering up again.
Mon 19/11/01 at 04:06
Since Special Reserve are phasing out the N64, and Playstation perhaps if you have any display units for the old consoles you could give those away with some games to charity :-)
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:02
How about we actually do something for a change, i.e. actively take part in something sponsored? Perhaps a sponsored 24 hour gaming day, having teams of around 4 of course, but playing games all day in order to raise money, not games, for a charity so that they can spend it on something worthwhile (not that a PS2 won't help someone's Xmas, but giving money to say the Cancer research fund might in the end make someone's life, think about that).

Anyone up for this? We could all meet up at an arranged location and play.

Good idea? That way we can keep our wins, (I need to win too!), and everyone benefits!!

Thank you!
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
That one sounds good to me, how about SR set up loads of machines in their shops for 24 hours, and we all come down and do our shift, and get personal sponsorship for it?
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:59
"I hate that!!!"
What about an EGAD where if someone wins his/her prize will be donated to a charity?
Mon 19/11/01 at 11:53
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Slaveunit wrote:
> That one sounds good to me, how about SR set up loads of machines in their shops
> for 24 hours, and we all come down and do our shift, and get personal
> sponsorship for it?

Slight variation on slaveunit....
How about setting up a LAN and instead of sponsership, just charge like £2 per person for a 10 min game of quake (game not important at the moment) and donate the entrance money to charity or pays for console etc.

Either that or run one of your competitions where you play a game and try to get the fastest lap (for example) and pay £2 to enter. The winner gets the game of their choice and the entrance money goes to charity or pays for a console etc.

This way more than just forum members get to contribute (or is this the whole point? I wasn't here for the last one so not entirely sure what its all about!)
Mon 19/11/01 at 12:37
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Not to sound mean or anything, but if we have to get donations/pay money ourselves can it not be the "July Charity" thing, as we are all poor from xmas!

(or is it xmas related?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.