GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DECEMBER CHARITY APPEAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
DECEMBER CHARITY APPEAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

It does just what it says on the topic heading.
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:36
Giving A PC away would be cool, but what charity to give it too, hmm Im not to sure.
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:46
Regular
"*Plonk*"
how about choosing a thread, then for every reasonable reply donating 10p to children in need?
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:29
Regular
How about, for every game traded in to your shops (for a specific console), you give it to the charity of your choice, whilst letting the person who traded the game to still buy something else at a discounted price?
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:44
Regular
Ok lets be a bit odd here maybe not this year but how about setting up teh FOG development Crew many here can make games im filled with ideas myself, we can make a small fun not graphically amazing but addicitve game on here and the extra revenure that game will create (after all if more people go to your site more people will buy games) a percentage can go to charity, might need thinking through more but the idea is there.
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
Or you cna treat each GAD win as £50 and if a GAD prize is like £30 then you can donate £20 to charity.

So minus GAD money from £50 if it is 99p + give it to charity :)
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
CDouch wrote:
> If there were more people like ant in the world, it would be a far better
> place.

Heh, thanks for the very kind comment, but many other people here are willing to give stuff to charity. Some of them more than me, I would reckon. But thanks anyway.
Sat 17/11/01 at 01:21
"High polygon count"
How about not limiting it to one charity?

If a GAD winner chooses to give up their prize, they nominate a charity and SR give the price of the game to that charity?
Sat 17/11/01 at 01:27
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I like the idea of winners giving their GAD and FAD prizes up for charity. Why not consider something like sick childrens hospitals. When I was young I spent quite a bit of time in hospital and you get bored in there very easy. Consoles or computers could make the christmas period a little bit more special for those who have to spend it in hospital.
Sat 17/11/01 at 03:03
Regular
A bit of a variation on some other ideas:

Every gad/fad won in december can either be claimed or a set amount (eg, 40 pounds for a gad, 20 for a fad, or it might be better to make them equal - say, 30) can be donated to the fund for a pre-determined charity. At the end of the month it's all either sent off as money, or used to buy sr products (maybe console and games, pc or whatever) (preferably at cost to sr, not retail so it's not like you're making a profit : ) ), and then sent to the charitable location.
Sat 17/11/01 at 03:10
Regular
Also, you could keep track of the prize total, be it games or cash value, and post it on the site, along with the contributors.

And if you chose someone's idea for how to run the charity, it could be done as an extra gad, but with the winner expected to donate it, so as to get the ball rolling.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.