GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DECEMBER CHARITY APPEAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
DECEMBER CHARITY APPEAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

It does just what it says on the topic heading.
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Good Good

I'd bloody hate it if I was stuck in hospital at Christmas... how about throw in 2 consoles and mix in match... they'll all be fighting over the one you know

hehe :D
Fri 23/11/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Tony wrote:
> We'll mention it in about 800,000 e-mails and run a banner etc. I've written to
> Bristol Children's Hospital and I'll take the next step once I hear back.

I hope they agree to an SR donation because I'm fed up travelling all the way to Great Ormond Street to try and have a go on their PS2 and games that you sent to them last year.

At least BCH is a lot closer (10 mins on the bus for me).

*Starts planning and plotting, hiring nurse uniforms, doctor outfits and a stethoscope*
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:27
You could put an extra £1 on all prices for a weekend. The prices at SR are cheap enough to do so, and the extra money generated could go to charity
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:26
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Why not donate to Oxfam so that they feel they have enough cash and take those bloomin' annoying adverts off the telly?
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:15
800k? Blimey, no wonder you had to move servers.
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:01
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
We'll mention it in about 800,000 e-mails and run a banner etc. I've written to Bristol Children's Hospital and I'll take the next step once I hear back.
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:26
Regular
Sorry, I was supposed to say that the console to be given towards Bristol Children's Hospital was a good idea...
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:24
Regular
It's a shame there are no new consoles this Christmas to give away...

If we do-doa donating games thingy... then perhaps we could have some more advertising about it. It was a success last year, but I don't think people were aware enough of what was going on.

Apart from the topics in every forum ordering people to donate games by a certain poster... :0) Just gentle encouragement in the form of banners, or something.
Wed 21/11/01 at 14:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
http://www.grandappeal.org.uk

This link goes to Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal for Bristol Children's hospital. Basically they have built a new hospital to replace Bristol's old overcrowded one.

We have a shop in Bristol. When I went there a a couple of yours ago for a Winacar event my daughter Melanie accidentally received a clout in the head with a golf club weilded by my youngest hooligan, Matthew. Melanie was rushed off to Bristol Children's hospital and they really looked after her well.
Wed 21/11/01 at 14:21
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I particularly liked New Jimmy's ideas.

I'll work on the plan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.