GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bill gates, the real Darth Vadar!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 10:57
Regular
Well, there it goes. The X-Box has launched in America. And who was there to promote the event. Mr Maniacal, Bill Gates (he probably had the four 'headless horseman of the apocalypse' as bodyguards). Isn't it funny, everyone hates the guy, but they all rush out on launch day and buy the giant X. And most of his audience are PC owners wanting to get a share of the console market (probably after seeing games like Zelda and Perfect Dark). Strange that, most PC owners claimed to have an over-riding hatred for the man for giving them years of bugged and over-priced software, and yet they go and shell out $$$'s. Is it going to be any good, thats the question. All I know is that soon, there going to be a clash of the titans, the Gamecube Vs the X-box. Storm clouds are gathering all ready. I know who's going to win, do you?

(P.S. For a clue on who I thinks gonna win, look at my thread 'a pattern?').
uksgamer2002
Sat 17/11/01 at 23:22
Regular
"Hoo Har"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
(P.S. For a clue on
> who I thinks gonna win, look at my thread 'a pattern?').
uksgamer2002

*With the Darth Vader Theme Tune played in the background Bill Gates approaches the Game-Cube. He looks at the small green cube with his evil eyes, then eventually speaks, “Game Cube..... I am your Father!” *
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:45
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Yes but come on, Shigeru Myiamoto (I think thats how you spell it) Vs Bill Gates. The true genius is clear cut!
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:57
Regular
You have got to admit that Bill Gates is Quite a nice guy. He's rich and is forever giving money to Charitys. And without him we probably wouldn't be chatting here rite now. Plus he has created games like Age of Empires and other good ones like train Simulator!!
Fri 16/11/01 at 23:28
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Nintendo will win
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:54
Regular
"*Plonk*"
POP!
Fri 16/11/01 at 18:44
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
What do you lot think?
Fri 16/11/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I don't belive Nintendo is based soley to kids. It has a HUGE Hardcore following.
Fri 16/11/01 at 13:51
Regular
"*Plonk*"
The battle between Xbox and GC will be fought intensly. Saying that, Sony did do a good job, albiet they had weird advertisements, in making people colonise the new PS2 world. But that was a long time ago. With only good titles appearing in the future, some people might want to spend their money on another console. And Xbox and Gamecube both have there ups and downs - its just a process of deciding between the two. GC is generally for kids - look at the new zelda game, and the GC is set for a £150-£200 release in the UK. Xbox - which seemed to be crap until Windows XP was realeased and people saw that there was life after the bug ridden Windows 2000/ME - is now in the fore-front and looks like a great console - if they can create games to stimulate the audience. At £300 on a UK release date of March 12, Microsoft will actually be LOSING around £100-£150 per console sold. Yet, whatever the release prices of the consoles, we will have to see wich one can sell quicker, faster, and be generally liked by more of the public.

Jcsuperstar: The Saviour of Souls
Fri 16/11/01 at 12:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
People need to
> be convinced that they want the product. The problem Microsoft and Nintendo
> have is that Sony have already convinced a lot of people that they needed PS1,
> and now PS2. And so, "If I already a PS2, why do I need an
> Xbox/Gamecube?" That is what they need to overcome.

That's a toughie, because I'm still convinced that the XBox is the best possible future for gaming (not just mine, but in general terms of furthering gaming along the lines of immersive reality experiences on a console). So although I now have a PS2, I'd still like an XBox, because without it I'd feel I'm missing out on some state of the art home console experiences. So maybe I'll end up getting both, but that's £350 I'll have to find from somewhere and I've already spent most of that on PS2 peripherals and games.

The biggest hurdle both Microsoft and Nintendo have to overcome is the HUGE headstart that PS2 has made in terms of sales and expanding its userbase. That's a big hurdle, and Microsoft certainly have the financial clout to pole vault over it at will. I'm not so sure about Nintendo though.
Fri 16/11/01 at 12:15
"High polygon count"
And just as I post that, the thread goes all silly.

Ho hum.

Funbags.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.