GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bill gates, the real Darth Vadar!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 10:57
Regular
Well, there it goes. The X-Box has launched in America. And who was there to promote the event. Mr Maniacal, Bill Gates (he probably had the four 'headless horseman of the apocalypse' as bodyguards). Isn't it funny, everyone hates the guy, but they all rush out on launch day and buy the giant X. And most of his audience are PC owners wanting to get a share of the console market (probably after seeing games like Zelda and Perfect Dark). Strange that, most PC owners claimed to have an over-riding hatred for the man for giving them years of bugged and over-priced software, and yet they go and shell out $$$'s. Is it going to be any good, thats the question. All I know is that soon, there going to be a clash of the titans, the Gamecube Vs the X-box. Storm clouds are gathering all ready. I know who's going to win, do you?

(P.S. For a clue on who I thinks gonna win, look at my thread 'a pattern?').
uksgamer2002
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:57
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Well, there it goes. The X-Box has launched in America. And who was there to promote the event. Mr Maniacal, Bill Gates (he probably had the four 'headless horseman of the apocalypse' as bodyguards). Isn't it funny, everyone hates the guy, but they all rush out on launch day and buy the giant X. And most of his audience are PC owners wanting to get a share of the console market (probably after seeing games like Zelda and Perfect Dark). Strange that, most PC owners claimed to have an over-riding hatred for the man for giving them years of bugged and over-priced software, and yet they go and shell out $$$'s. Is it going to be any good, thats the question. All I know is that soon, there going to be a clash of the titans, the Gamecube Vs the X-box. Storm clouds are gathering all ready. I know who's going to win, do you?

(P.S. For a clue on who I thinks gonna win, look at my thread 'a pattern?').
uksgamer2002
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:39
Regular
Who`s going to win? Industry analysts thankfully think it`ll be PS2.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
God bless teh analysts!!

Rather obvious really.
PS2: Rectangular, boring to look at
Gamecube: Cubicish, nice color, pleasing to the eye

Analysts: Rectangular, boring to look at...
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:44
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
and the X-box is just a chunk X. Need anymore be said, I think not.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:45
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
>Analysts: Rectangular, boring to look at...

Interesting opinion, both about the console, and analysts.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:49
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Interesting opinion, both about the console, and analysts.

Clearly my opinion is a generalisation and does not include ALL analysts, just the majority of them who are rectangular and boring to look at. I should in fairness point out at this juncture that some analysts are quite curvy and attractive.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:52
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Is it from personnal experience you know of this.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:52
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
I should in fairness point out at this juncture that some analysts are quite
> curvy and attractive.

Usually the ones called Brian who have overdosed on the McDonalds...

Well, not the attractive bit, obviously, but certainly the curvy bit....
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:54
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I think FantasyMeister had other things in mind when he spoke of curves.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:59
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> I think FantasyMeister had other things in mind when he spoke of curves.

Naturally, I was referring to their ability to pursue lines of thought in a non-linear multi-dimensional non-spacially restricted sense. (aka 'the curved thought process of the professional analyst' - Source: "Analysts and their Determinate Role in the Mind Functions of Modern Business"; Hodder and Stoughton c.1998 Chapter 12.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.