GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda = Amazing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 20:06
Regular
Zelda came through the post this mornin 4 days early. I've been playing on it for the last hour or so and have gotten to the next island. It is one hell of a good game.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:38
"period drama"
Mmm ... lemons.
Many lemons
A bag of lemons.

I'm not sick.
*injects*
Zelda! Where are yooouuuu?
*Sob*
Come to me, please?
*Stumble*
Why won't it come, my GC is hungry
*Falls*
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:31
Regular
"  "
I don't know whether this will help Si and Tilta with there differences but...

I made a post once. In it it said something like "I was in GAME and I saw *summit, I can't remember what*" Well, when I went back to the post it said "I was in a inferior and totally unrecomembable game shop the other day". Now I found this quite amusing that one of the SR dudes changed this, whether it was of because of me mentioning a rival or just a joke.

And FFF, you're sick and need help. Or maybe just your copy of Zelda? Like mine... which I got early *Watches as FFF pumps Lemon Juice into his veins before collapsing into a heap*.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:23
"period drama"
*Lapes into coma*

My deat sweet Lord Jesus, don't you have something better to do.
Ask yourself something:

Who cares?

It a star.
Who's life is going to change because of it.
This harmless joke.

Do you lose sleep?
Do you cry through the day, asking yourself "Why!? Oh why is that * appearing everywhere?"
Do you burst a blood vessel every time you see G*ME and GA*E?

Really, get over it.
Nobody cares in the slightest.
Wed 30/04/03 at 13:13
Regular
Hmmmm not quite shough :D what happened there.

Anyway, i've wasted enough time talking about this. I'm off too ummm....waste some more time in another topic.
Wed 30/04/03 at 13:09
"You love us!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Special Reserve don't like people advertising on the site (which is
> understandable). People feel that if they put stars in the name of
> other online games retailers, they are not advertising because the
> general viewing public won't know what the word is....

Hmmm, now having worked for SR in their Internet department for about a year, i would have to say that this was never a problem that was raised. Yes if you posted something with a link to the GAME website, and then a list of games and prices, it would be deleted and rightly so. This is advertising. However, SR have (unless they have changed their policy since I left) no problem with 'GAME' being used in a post in the context of general conversation. That is NOT advertising.

> Admiteddly you'd have to be a complete retard to not realise the name
> was GAME, but there you have it. I think it's more a case of like you
> said, people have just got used to doing it and aren't even shough (spelling???)why they do it anymore.

If people aren't *sure* why they do something, then maybe it might be a good time to start thinking for themselves and look at why they are doing it.
Wed 30/04/03 at 12:51
Regular
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:

> You are right. it does have no real consequence in my life, it just
> annoys me when a decent forum is plagued by childish rubbish. And
> rubbish that no one knows why they do. Also i am at work, so there is
> only so many websites out there before you start to get bored ;-)

Special Reserve don't like people advertising on the site (which is understandable). People feel that if they put stars in the name of other online games retailers, they are not advertising because the general viewing public won't know what the word is....or something like that.

Admiteddly you'd have to be a complete retard to not realise the name was GAME, but there you have it. I think it's more a case of like you said, people have just got used to doing it and aren't even shough why they do it anymore.

> Ah thank you. I can know sleep soundly in my bed knowing i was quite
> amusing for Tiltawhirl. Phewww, I feel complete.

So you should.
Wed 30/04/03 at 12:40
"You love us!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You're pathetic my friend.

No i am not. Apathetic maybe, but definitely not pathetic.

> Wow someone put a * in GAME, let's stamp out feet and call everyone a
> moron for doing so.

Yes, but why. That’s the point. Do you think SR care? I'll tell you no. I just don't understand it. Someone said it was a 'joke' someone else said that it was done so you weren't promoting another site on the SR forum. Fact is, no one knows why they do it, they just do it because that is what everyone else does.

Think for yourselves. Do you think SR care? do you think this 'joke' is fuuny? No. It's just a pointless exercise that makes that whole forum seem like a kids playground. This is only a half step above the whole 'greystation' and 'smegadrive' playground rubbish. It's GAME.

> Haven't you got better things to with your life other than complaining
> about tiny things that really don't matter and have no consequence in
> your life?

You are right. it does have no real consequence in my life, it just annoys me when a decent forum is plagued by childish rubbish. And rubbish that no one knows why they do. Also i am at work, so there is only so many websites out there before you start to get bored ;-)

> Your comments in Solksjaers topic I thought where quite amusing,

Ah thank you. I can know sleep soundly in my bed knowing i was quite amusing for Tiltawhirl. Phewww, I feel complete.
Wed 30/04/03 at 12:28
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You're pathetic my friend.
>
> Wow someone put a * in GAME, let's stamp out feet and call everyone a
> moron for doing so.
>
> Haven't you got better things to with your life other than complaining
> about tiny things that really don't matter and have no consequence in
> your life?
>
> Your comments in Solksjaers topic I thought where quite amusing, but
> this continued negativity to members of the forum is getting quite
> boring now. Go play outside or something and stop annoying everyone.

Amen
Wed 30/04/03 at 12:23
Regular
You're pathetic my friend.

Wow someone put a * in GAME, let's stamp out feet and call everyone a moron for doing so.

Haven't you got better things to with your life other than complaining about tiny things that really don't matter and have no consequence in your life?

Your comments in Solksjaers topic I thought where quite amusing, but this continued negativity to members of the forum is getting quite boring now. Go play outside or something and stop annoying everyone.
Wed 30/04/03 at 12:12
"You love us!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Does it effect you in anyway?
>
> No, so stop being such a and complaining about everything.

*watches Tiltawhirl's rattle drop out of the pram*

Awww, did the nasty man point out that your little *'s are blatantly childish are not required. Awww. Here, have you rattle back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.