GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"<<<>>>"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 22:50
Regular
I hate the XBox. HATE IT.

Why?

I don't give one two or even three toots about the games, this console is made by Microsoft.

Why cant they leave the console market alone? it doesn't need to be poisioned with their own mass promoted crap.

I hate them. Deteste them. And all because everytime I turn this very PC on it seems to have one more new virus that Norton has to try and help me with. Well the main answer should be under the 'serious' heading with the problem being 'your operating system is windows'.

Everything I have ever used that is Windows has had a better version. Hell I have given them every bloody chance at every bloody oppertunity. I tried Windows 95/98/ME and even XP. I am everytime gone back to '95 because it just seemed the least crappy.

And even the packages, I have tried them, but when I even try and contemplate to compare FrontPage to Dreamweaver its humane. Or even the simple crappy Microsoft Word to AppleWord or even PageMaker. Yes I know its comparing a soddy crappy batch software with a professional company. Who cares. If Microsoft are so professional why the hell does it leave all the doors shut when it comes to helping fellow companies excel and eventually actually help Microsoft.

Yes. I hate them. Sony are GODS compared to Microsoft.

Everything they touch makes me feel sick. Now they have entered the gaming industry I don't feel well. This is the company that is reasonsible for all problems you have ever had with your PC. And I know there are tons. You all accept this (most of you) when you don't have to. This is the norm for you. A new problem everyday. A file not opening. A program needs reinstalling. Look mates, iggnorance is bliss.

The answer: you all expect me to shout: GET A MAC.

Well I won't. I am going to actually not burst and think about this answer. I feel its simple. Get a bloody Mac.

You people out there, you made Microsoft the steaming pile of poo they are today, you could change this. No not make Mac a steaming pile. Just make them the bigger company they so deserve to be.

And now I wait for the onslaught from all PC lovers in the forum, but I will hold my opinion because I really don't care what you say. I have although I don't really like to admit it, sat infront of screen most of my life. These computer monitors are like a third eye to me.

What else? I am having a rant. Triggered by Ali and Meka's topic. Meka is fairly not giving the XBox a chance because he thinks they are taking it too seriously. Microsoft don't give any hoots about us as gamers, they care about profit. That's the truth, their objective will be to be the biggest console developer in the world and also make the most profit. I never thought I would liking Sony as a company.

But now given the choice, I would jump in the back of a Sony Mini, then in the back of a Microsoft limo.

huh. Just please don't let it happen. Without competition there is no quality. Without Nintendo there is less everything.

Sony and Nintendo can do it together. The XBox needs to be shunned.

Green X? Very ironic there Mr Gates, you are jealous of what others can do. Idiot.

huh. Joby
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:10
The Xbox, despite the flashy graphics it has, as well a half-billion dollar marketing campaign, isn't as technologically advanced as claimed, albeit mainly by people with the money and/or parents to afford to get it imported.

A semi-conductor analysis by chipworks confirmed that all the XBox is, is a P3 733Mhz, albeit with a Geforce3 graphics card.

While I admit the fact the most important factor of a consoles success is its software support, it seems weird for Microsoft to push its hardware capabilities, when it has perfectly good games coming out for it. It is a bare bones PC, but PC's have great capabilities for games. There are enough EA sports games coming out, but I am not so optimistic about the PS2 and DC ports.

Everyone got excited about ports from the DC to the PS2, claiming that RE: Code Veronica was going to be better on the PS2, as well as a host of other titles, and so I'm not going to get my hopes up about Tony Hawks 3 or DC ports, because the games always get over-hyped, like Mario-Kart advance, and are no real improvement on the original, nut always get acclaim because they resemble the original, in many cases, to much.
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> There's very little wrong with Widnows 2000 - it's by far the stablest O/S I've
> ever used, though 98 SE wasn't that bad either.

You'll also note it isn't
> pretty much never Windows that causes the problem - it is lazy software
> developers who can't manage to make their software run properly. They have no
> worries, eveyone will naievely blame all faulty with Windows. Even viruses!
> I'm sorry, you only get viruses because you're careless. I've never paid a
> penny for virus software and never needed to because I use my common
> sense.

And if you hate Windows so much why don't you get a MAC?

Lol... Read the original topic. I do have a Mac.
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
There's very little wrong with Widnows 2000 - it's by far the stablest O/S I've ever used, though 98 SE wasn't that bad either.

You'll also note it isn't pretty much never Windows that causes the problem - it is lazy software developers who can't manage to make their software run properly. They have no worries, eveyone will naievely blame all faulty with Windows. Even viruses! I'm sorry, you only get viruses because you're careless. I've never paid a penny for virus software and never needed to because I use my common sense.

And if you hate Windows so much why don't you get a MAC?
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I was talking to Son of Liberty, by the way!
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
But if you want a modem, hard drive, etc, buy a PC!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:47
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
er-no wrote:
> I hate the XBox. HATE IT.

Why?

I don't give one two or even three toots
> about the games, this console is made by Microsoft.

Why cant they leave the
> console market alone? it doesn't need to be poisioned with their own mass
> promoted crap.

I hate them. Deteste them. And all because everytime I turn
> this very PC on it seems to have one more new virus that Norton has to try and
> help me with. Well the main answer should be under the 'serious' heading with
> the problem being 'your operating system is windows'.

Everything I have ever
> used that is Windows has had a better version. Hell I have given them every
> bloody chance at every bloody oppertunity. I tried Windows 95/98/ME and even XP.
> I am everytime gone back to '95 because it just seemed the least crappy.

And
> even the packages, I have tried them, but when I even try and contemplate to
> compare FrontPage to Dreamweaver its humane. Or even the simple crappy Microsoft
> Word to AppleWord or even PageMaker. Yes I know its comparing a soddy crappy
> batch software with a professional company. Who cares. If Microsoft are so
> professional why the hell does it leave all the doors shut when it comes to
> helping fellow companies excel and eventually actually help Microsoft.

Yes. I
> hate them. Sony are GODS compared to Microsoft.

Everything they touch makes
> me feel sick. Now they have entered the gaming industry I don't feel well. This
> is the company that is reasonsible for all problems you have ever had with your
> PC. And I know there are tons. You all accept this (most of you) when you don't
> have to. This is the norm for you. A new problem everyday. A file not opening. A
> program needs reinstalling. Look mates, iggnorance is bliss.

The answer: you
> all expect me to shout: GET A MAC.

Well I won't. I am going to actually not
> burst and think about this answer. I feel its simple. Get a bloody Mac.

You
> people out there, you made Microsoft the steaming pile of poo they are today,
> you could change this. No not make Mac a steaming pile. Just make them the
> bigger company they so deserve to be.

And now I wait for the onslaught from
> all PC lovers in the forum, but I will hold my opinion because I really don't
> care what you say. I have although I don't really like to admit it, sat infront
> of screen most of my life. These computer monitors are like a third eye to
> me.

What else? I am having a rant. Triggered by Ali and Meka's topic. Meka is
> fairly not giving the XBox a chance because he thinks they are taking it too
> seriously. Microsoft don't give any hoots about us as gamers, they care about
> profit. That's the truth, their objective will be to be the biggest console
> developer in the world and also make the most profit. I never thought I would
> liking Sony as a company.

But now given the choice, I would jump in the back
> of a Sony Mini, then in the back of a Microsoft limo.

huh. Just please don't
> let it happen. Without competition there is no quality. Without Nintendo there
> is less everything.

Sony and Nintendo can do it together. The XBox needs to
> be shunned.

Green X? Very ironic there Mr Gates, you are jealous of what
> others can do. Idiot.

huh. Joby

Okay you said what you wanted - fair enough - and I have nothing against it. What I say now is both fact and opinion:

Halo wikll sell XBOX - that's 1 good reason

XBOX is being developed by a comany that knows about computer technology - 2nd reason

XBOX will include a Hard Drive, a modem and will be able to play DVD movies - 3rd reason
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:26
Regular
I'm so dumb, I don't understand what you meant by that comment, so I'll leave it there.

:D
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:25
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> That was enough of that joke, I don't want you getting all resentful and annoyed
> at me.......

I wouldn't get annoyed at you, I feel sorry for dumb animals, not anger. :-)

Seriously though, this is hardly a Prime Topic. Perhaps we should stop it here.
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:21
Regular
That was enough of that joke, I don't want you getting all resentful and annoyed at me.......
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:17
Regular
So do I, but that doesn't make me homosexual..........

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.