GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drinks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/05/07 at 12:51
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Whats everyones favourite drink from pubs and clubs?

Im going out friday and to be honest dont have a lot of experience with the booze...so when i go out this friday i wanna try a bit of everything! Wanna know what stuff to try so any suggestions welcome!

Cheers!
Thu 10/05/07 at 17:44
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Wardy wrote:
> Ill have to give that Cherry Lambrini a go tomorrow i reckon!

I've known of people having trouble finding it recently... apparently it was a limited edition. One that was around for some years, though!

WKD? You woman, ST. :^P
Thu 10/05/07 at 17:44
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Silent Thunder wrote:
>
> Yeh, that's very nice, coke and vodka is good too. I once mixed
> a blue WKD and cider together creating a green coloured drink,
> wasn't that bad either. :-P

Haha sounds very experimental!!! If i start going out more i expect ill get more experienced and know what to mix with what!
Thu 10/05/07 at 17:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Snakebite and black is usually a good bet. Half cider, half lager and some blackcurrant cordial (e.g. Ribena, although the more syrupy ones work better). Gets you rather wasted quite quickly, and unsurprisingly was banned by many pubs years back as a result.

Makes me go a bit mental though, I crahsed into a door and bit off the end of my tongue as a result of several pints of it once!
Thu 10/05/07 at 18:37
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Fat Frogs are fantastic! They taste like those refresher sweets (although some say skittles) if mixed correctly and are a lovely dodgey green colour :D Basically its Schmirnoff ice red, an orange barcadi breezer, and a bottle of WKD blue, hence you get about two pints from the three bottles and its fantastic, gets a bit sweet and sickly though but does the job.

If desperate then a double Wray and Nephews and coke (63% alc volume).

Normal drinks are vodka red bull (love that stuff!) or bitters! Also Black Sambuca...gone off the normal sambuca but black is nice...especially whilst flaming :)

OO and also Cider of most descriptions! And double southern comfort and lemonade is always rather nice :D

Mixed all together with a hint of music = Great night out :D

One other one is Port and blue WKD...if you don't like port, dont worry you won't be able to taste it, and it tastes like Vimto when mixed.

If anyone offeres you scrumpy cider (or even worse, white lightning!!) with a shot of absinthe...don't go near it, you will not remember the rest of that night ever again :)

Also to really annoy a bar person...ask for a Half pint of guiness shandy!

No not an alchy..just like to drink!
Thu 10/05/07 at 20:45
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I prefer Vodka to beer, not straight Vodka though just a Smirnoff or WKD will satisfy me :)
Thu 10/05/07 at 20:57
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I love Vodka

Vodka Coke
Vodka Shots
WKD's
Vk's

I love all cocktails and even got in to drinking Lager too.

Also i drink Lambrini too

Infact ill try anything once :P
Thu 10/05/07 at 21:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've got a bottle of cheap 45% Anise in a cabinet next to my bed, but I haven't opened it. The right situation for me to be drinking an aniseed-flavoured spirit is yet to come up!
Fri 11/05/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
45%! Sell it and buy some stronger stuff! :p

Absinthe
Fri 11/05/07 at 16:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've always wanted to try absinthe... I've seen it in a shop (Which I think was in France or Belgium), and have heard some great stories about what people have done after drinking it, not limited thinking they were a duck. Legal hallucination, hooray!

Just never bought the stuff.

-Hides, embarrassed-
Fri 11/05/07 at 18:00
Regular
"lets go back"
I usually just have whatever larger is on tap. Thats generally Fosters, Carlsberg or Carling. There is a great tequila bar that I go to and they have a huge selection of flavoured tequila which is ok for a change. I dont like all these fancy fluorescent coloured drinks, that is either normal bottles or shots. I dont like all these fancy cocktails that you can get either. They all taste like cough medicine to me. JD and coke isnt bad, but Im not a huge fan of coke.

Also Cheeky Vimto is nice. Its three blue WKD's and 3 shots of port (I think its port, I actually cant remember). It all turns purple to look and taste like vimto.

Edit:- They have absinthe in the tequila bar and I've had that once. It was £5 a shot and not really worth it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.