GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drinks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/05/07 at 12:51
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Whats everyones favourite drink from pubs and clubs?

Im going out friday and to be honest dont have a lot of experience with the booze...so when i go out this friday i wanna try a bit of everything! Wanna know what stuff to try so any suggestions welcome!

Cheers!
Mon 14/05/07 at 22:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Cong Man wrote:
> Check the ingredients. 95% of Absinthe has had the wormwood (the
> hallucinogenic ingredient) removed, to make it safer. It's still
> strong stuff without it though, just don't expect to start
> seeing pink elephants...

Where's the fun in that? If you're going to bother you might as well do it properly.
Mon 14/05/07 at 21:36
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Cong Man wrote:

> Don't do it...if you mix drinks on your first time, you'll be
> wasted before you know it and looking like a total lightweight.
> Pick one drink and stuick to it until you build up some
> resistance...

Good plan Congman! Only ended up getting 3 drinks anyways cos of the bloody expensiveness!!!!
Mon 14/05/07 at 21:28
Regular
"..."
Der Nazi wrote:
> I've always wanted to try absinthe... I've seen it in a shop
> (Which I think was in France or Belgium), and have heard some
> great stories about what people have done after drinking it, not
> limited thinking they were a duck. Legal hallucination, hooray!
>
> Just never bought the stuff.
>
> -Hides, embarrassed-

Check the ingredients. 95% of Absinthe has had the wormwood (the hallucinogenic ingredient) removed, to make it safer. It's still strong stuff without it though, just don't expect to start seeing pink elephants...
Mon 14/05/07 at 21:25
Regular
"..."
The Wardy wrote:
> Im going out friday and to be honest dont have a lot of
> experience with the booze...so when i go out this friday i wanna
> try a bit of everything!

Don't do it...if you mix drinks on your first time, you'll be wasted before you know it and looking like a total lightweight. Pick one drink and stuick to it until you build up some resistance...
Sun 13/05/07 at 20:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The best turbo lager comes from adding a good amount of peach schnapps (Archer's, if I remember correctly) to your lager - makes it stronger and sweeter. Works well, even with home brew.

As for home-brewed beer itself; not bad if you follow the instructions correctly, but a word of warning; don't add extra yeast, as the beer will end up tasting of marmite, brewing for a bloody long time, and sometimes ending up a bit stronger than it should be!
Sun 13/05/07 at 16:33
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Haha you do sound really experienced! I expect ill start learning all of that soon.

Club + drinks = No Money remaining and not dont get many drinks

Pub + Drinks = Maybe have money remaining but at least get a lot more drinks in!

I think every club night is gonna start off in the pub now!
Sun 13/05/07 at 13:04
Regular
Vodka red bulls are ridiculously expensive in clubs because they generally charge a hell of a lot for the can of red bull they use to fill it, its best to find somewhere that has a cheap alternative on tap like Red X.

Due to being a student I generally drink quite a bit, one of my favourite places called kaos in Southampton does 7 different "cocktails" which are pretty cool.

Cheeky vimto: double port + blue wkd

Turbo shandy: bottle of carling + silver vk

Laughing gnome: shot of vodka, shot of malibu, shot of sambuca + red bull

Carnage: bottle of red and a bottle of orange reef

Rocket fuel: slipped my mind but it goes red, I think its something like smirnoff ice + a red reef

Shrek: blue wkd and an orange reef

Kryptonite: double vodka, green midori and lemonade.

Generally get through a load of those on a night out or if I'm not in the mood to consume so much liquid, lots of 80p vodka red bulls/£1 cans of XXXX (naff beer but I'm a disgraceful alcoholic so I don't drink it for the taste)

In a pub or more expensive club I just stick to pints of lager, usually something like fosters, carling or budweiser if its on tap. Do enjoy a bottle of magners as well. Lastly it's all about the snake bite :] Can't beat it if you want a reasonably nice tasting drink and a cheap night.
Sat 12/05/07 at 17:45
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I could get a WKD Blue for half that at most of the off-licenses and supermarkets near me.
Sat 12/05/07 at 17:42
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Ok...so i went to the club last night...me and my mate both wanted a vodka red bull each, so asked for 2 of em and it came to £11.60! I had no idea clubs were that expensive! Then had 2 WKD Blue ones at 4 quid a pop...im gonna go pub beforehand next time...get a lot more drink for cheaper and then go to the club later on and not buy any drinks there haha
Sat 12/05/07 at 17:39
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> You can get a hit of acid for less than that; you're right, it
> probably isn't worth it.
>
> But then, tripping out on acid is likely to do much more damage
> to your brain!
>
> And I've been told that I should never try it, as I'm too damn
> crazy!

Oh yeah. You're the trolley kid aren't you?

I don't think you would regret it, it may even calm you down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.