GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bond Films."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 09:48
Regular
I watched The World Is Not Enough last night, and it made me think about all the Bond films I've see (pretty much all of them). They've had the latest on telly over the last few weeks, and one thing struck me about all of them - they weren't as good as the early ones.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, and I don't watch them to complete some sort of moral journey. They are a fun film, with explosions and Bond getting the woman and generally being suave.

But I still prefer the earlier ones, my favourite is Live and Let Die. One of the reasons for this is that the bad guys are actually bad guys. The bloke that is in the coffin with all the snakes, he's scary. And you can tell he's bad, straight away.

In T.W.I.N.E, Robert Carlyle (sp?) isn't scary, end of story. You don't looke at him and immediately think "Oh, bad guy alert." You look at him and think "Look, it's that bloke from Trainspotting, and the Full Monty."

I think he's a great actor, and at the end of the day, he's just doing what the director wants him to, but it just doesn't seem to work - in my opinion.

I also rate Robbie Coltrane and Pierce Brosnan as actors, so it's not as if they had a shabby cast. Coltrane was particularly good actually, and Brosnan gave his usual high performance as Bond.

As I said, I know Bond films are all about fun, and him doing blatantly unrealistic things, but they seem to have forgotten all the things that made the early films so great, and just concentrated on the special effects and the gadgets.

Here's hoping the next one has a bit more substance.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:56
the rumour was that ROBBIE williams will be the next bond.
but i think this rumour has been denied now.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:52
"I hate that!!!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I am the ultimate Bond fan. I have Roger Moore. in your dreams.

He's doing the dishes at the
> moment, but we're working on a Bond topic to be put up.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:52
"I hate that!!!"
NO grixy I'm an even bigger fan than u?
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:50
Regular
I am the ultimate Bond fan. I have Roger Moore.

He's doing the dishes at the moment, but we're working on a Bond topic to be put up.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:14
Regular
"not dead"
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> How many times do I have to tell You it's ROBIN WILLAIMS.

Get It right!!!!!

I think you misheard the rumour.

I heard a rumour about Robbie Williams the singer wanting to play Bond and Ms Brocolli taking a look at him.

Robin Williams can only act in 2 ways, crap comedy or sentimental pap. He would never be considered for Bond.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:00
"I hate that!!!"
How many times do I have to tell You it's ROBIN WILLAIMS.

Get It right!!!!!
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:44
I like FUDGE!
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:36
And who gives a ....... ! calm down m8 just because i couldnt be arsed to read your whole message.
And robbie williams was the one reported to be the next bond not robbin! duh!
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:13
"I hate that!!!"
I said Robin Willaims, you FUDGE, not Robie Willams.

God damn it why do poeple always get the two names mixed up.

Robin willaims is one of the guys in Jumanjii.

you... you.. you...
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:10
Yea i could just see robblie singing them in to bed.
Ha liam gallager could be his evil opponent! And geri could be a desperate cheap bond girl!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.