GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official RGB question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/05/03 at 10:48
Regular
Right, I bought an un-official RGB to sort out my 60hz black and white problem, which it sorted. Now I got another problem. It's made the quality of the picture all horrible. So basically, I get this reccomended cable that's supposed to make my picture so much clearer and more vibrant, but it makes the colours all parched, and I get these oh so annoying diagonal 'scan' lines running down my picture. Like when you get a crappy signal through your TV ariel. So please, tell me everyone, why this Official thing will be so much better than the un-official RGB I bought. Tell me, does it have diagonal 'scan' lines running down the picture? Because, to be honest, I can't see how it can be any different to any other RGB. And in that case I can't understand all this song and praise about something that gives you a worse picture than I already had witha normal scart lead! Please give me an honest opinion. Good and bad points. Please. I beg you.
Sun 04/05/03 at 10:45
Regular
"  "
adrian wrote:
>
>
> So you must have a faulty cable or something. If the RGB on your PS2
> works then so should it on a GC. Did you get your PS2 second hand?
> Because PS2s ship with a composite cable, or did you get it in a deal?

No, they came as standard with launch models, and they strated to supply the cheaper cables when they reduced the price. But yeah, i guess that does mean the Cube should be 'aight with the official cable.
Sun 04/05/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> >
> Your problem may be to do with your TV not supporting RGB properly.
> Take the cable back and get an Offical one if that works you had a
> cheap and crummy cable. If this produces the same result then your
> TV
> is at fault and probably doesnt support RGB.
>
> Nah, it can't be this as I have an RGB for my PS2 (Which I incidently
> got with it), and that is an amazing picture. Thanks anyhow.

So you must have a faulty cable or something. If the RGB on your PS2 works then so should it on a GC. Did you get your PS2 second hand? Because PS2s ship with a composite cable, or did you get it in a deal?
Sat 03/05/03 at 20:15
Regular
"  "
Well, it's brand newish, and liek I say, the Gamecube works fine (Except 60hz is black and white) on normal cable, TV through ariel is fine, and PS2 is fine in 50hz and 60hz. Crazyness.
Sat 03/05/03 at 19:28
Regular
Maybe your TV is up the duff (Err?)
Sat 03/05/03 at 16:01
Regular
"  "
adrian wrote:
>
> Your problem may be to do with your TV not supporting RGB properly.
> Take the cable back and get an Offical one if that works you had a
> cheap and crummy cable. If this produces the same result then your TV
> is at fault and probably doesnt support RGB.

Nah, it can't be this as I have an RGB for my PS2 (Which I incidently got with it), and that is an amazing picture. Thanks anyhow.
Sat 03/05/03 at 15:27
Regular
§niper wrote:
> I dont have an Official RGB cable but it works fine.

Same here.
Sat 03/05/03 at 15:17
Regular
I dont have an Official RGB cable but it works fine.
Sat 03/05/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> But with the first few
> consoles anyway, you got an RGB. But Nintendo cut down (Like Sony did
> with the PSOne, later models had a cheaper crapper Lazer) and supplied
> the crappy cable I got.

Don't think any console has ever come with a true RGB cable. The cable you get on PS2, GC and Xbox is composite as it is more compatable with TVs than a true RGB cable.

I always buy the RGB cable for the console as it makes the picture so much clearer as well as allowing 60hz play in colour.

Your problem may be to do with your TV not supporting RGB properly. Take the cable back and get an Offical one if that works you had a cheap and crummy cable. If this produces the same result then your TV is at fault and probably doesnt support RGB.
Sat 03/05/03 at 13:55
Regular
"  "
Oh I get you. Cheers :)
Sat 03/05/03 at 13:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I think he means they show up on video as they usually do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.