GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official RGB question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/05/03 at 10:48
Regular
Right, I bought an un-official RGB to sort out my 60hz black and white problem, which it sorted. Now I got another problem. It's made the quality of the picture all horrible. So basically, I get this reccomended cable that's supposed to make my picture so much clearer and more vibrant, but it makes the colours all parched, and I get these oh so annoying diagonal 'scan' lines running down my picture. Like when you get a crappy signal through your TV ariel. So please, tell me everyone, why this Official thing will be so much better than the un-official RGB I bought. Tell me, does it have diagonal 'scan' lines running down the picture? Because, to be honest, I can't see how it can be any different to any other RGB. And in that case I can't understand all this song and praise about something that gives you a worse picture than I already had witha normal scart lead! Please give me an honest opinion. Good and bad points. Please. I beg you.
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> My god. It. Worked. It's. Pretty. Thanks.

So did you get a Offical RGB cable ?
Tue 06/05/03 at 20:37
Regular
"  "
My god. It. Worked. It's. Pretty. Thanks.
Sun 04/05/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> It looks exactly the same as the Gamecube RGB I bought except a few of
> the gold pins are actually black plastic, as these pins are not used.

Well if the PS2 lead has 3 coloured leads yellow, red and white and then a Scart adaptor block that can be either used or not used then this is a Compostie cable and is not RGB. I have a launch PS2 and I got this cable, they still ship it with the cable to date. I have a Blaze RGB cable now and the picture quality compared to the standard lead you get with the PS2 is 100% improvement.
Sun 04/05/03 at 19:47
Regular
"  "
It looks exactly the same as the Gamecube RGB I bought except a few of the gold pins are actually black plastic, as these pins are not used.
Sun 04/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Well I deffinately got an RGB with my PS2 (In the box, not a deal) as
> I speciafically remember my brother going "Oh that's better,
> remember the PSone you had to buy an RGB seperate" like that.

Does your cable have a scart block with 3 coloured leads? So you could use the 3 leads in the inputs on the TV or put them into the scart adaptor and fit it into the scart socket. I had a launch machine and thats what I have and thats what they still sell. If you do have this lead then it is not RGB. Try out a DVD on the PS2 as a RGB cable leaves a green tint on the screen as Sony disabled RGB playback.
Sun 04/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> >
>
> So you must have a faulty cable or something. If the RGB on your PS2
> works then so should it on a GC. Did you get your PS2 second hand?
> Because PS2s ship with a composite cable, or did you get it in a
> deal?
>
> No, they came as standard with launch models, and they strated to
> supply the cheaper cables when they reduced the price. But yeah, i
> guess that does mean the Cube should be 'aight with the official
> cable.

I dont think so as I had a launch day machine. I got the little scart block with the 3 colour phono leads which means its compostie.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:11
Regular
"  "
Well I deffinately got an RGB with my PS2 (In the box, not a deal) as I speciafically remember my brother going "Oh that's better, remember the PSone you had to buy an RGB seperate" like that.
Sun 04/05/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I've had both a GC and PS2 from launch - both have long since been sold (the GC I Have now is the PLatinum Zelda one) - and both came with the composite cables, as did the Xbox.
Sun 04/05/03 at 13:38
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> No, they came as standard with launch models, and they strated to
> supply the cheaper cables when they reduced the price. But yeah, i
> guess that does mean the Cube should be 'aight with the official
> cable.

Mine was a launch machine and only came with the composite cable...
Sun 04/05/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Having a crap TV in my room, I've found that my unofficial RGB scart lead works fine for PAL/50hz games but that using it on 60hz gives a strange flickering effect in the the top left corner of the display, however using the cable that came with the GC I can play games in 60hz fine.

Anyone know why playing in RGB in 60hz gives flicker yet playing in 60hz composite gives no flicker ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.