GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official RGB question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/05/03 at 10:48
Regular
Right, I bought an un-official RGB to sort out my 60hz black and white problem, which it sorted. Now I got another problem. It's made the quality of the picture all horrible. So basically, I get this reccomended cable that's supposed to make my picture so much clearer and more vibrant, but it makes the colours all parched, and I get these oh so annoying diagonal 'scan' lines running down my picture. Like when you get a crappy signal through your TV ariel. So please, tell me everyone, why this Official thing will be so much better than the un-official RGB I bought. Tell me, does it have diagonal 'scan' lines running down the picture? Because, to be honest, I can't see how it can be any different to any other RGB. And in that case I can't understand all this song and praise about something that gives you a worse picture than I already had witha normal scart lead! Please give me an honest opinion. Good and bad points. Please. I beg you.
Sat 03/05/03 at 10:48
Regular
"  "
Right, I bought an un-official RGB to sort out my 60hz black and white problem, which it sorted. Now I got another problem. It's made the quality of the picture all horrible. So basically, I get this reccomended cable that's supposed to make my picture so much clearer and more vibrant, but it makes the colours all parched, and I get these oh so annoying diagonal 'scan' lines running down my picture. Like when you get a crappy signal through your TV ariel. So please, tell me everyone, why this Official thing will be so much better than the un-official RGB I bought. Tell me, does it have diagonal 'scan' lines running down the picture? Because, to be honest, I can't see how it can be any different to any other RGB. And in that case I can't understand all this song and praise about something that gives you a worse picture than I already had witha normal scart lead! Please give me an honest opinion. Good and bad points. Please. I beg you.
Sat 03/05/03 at 11:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If you use the official RGB lead the picture is crystal clear. Enough said.
Sat 03/05/03 at 11:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You can use the scart lead supplied with the GC, and as long as your TV supports 60Hz, it should work like a peach.
Sat 03/05/03 at 12:18
Regular
"  "
gerrid wrote:
> You can use the scart lead supplied with the GC, and as long as your
> TV supports 60Hz, it should work like a peach.

Well the one I got with mine wont workt because of one simple reason... it doesn't send each colour through a different channel which is required for 60Hz. So I need an RGB. But with the first few consoles anyway, you got an RGB. But Nintendo cut down (Like Sony did with the PSOne, later models had a cheaper crapper Lazer) and supplied the crappy cable I got. So that's probably why your's worked like a 'peach'. And cookie, thanks for the help, but are you deffinately sure that when you put your face right close you can't see like diagonal 'waves' running down the screen?
Sat 03/05/03 at 12:21
Regular
Natbuc you aren't supposed to sit that close to your TV, you'll get square eyes......or something like that
Sat 03/05/03 at 12:22
Regular
"  "
:D Yeah I know, but I can sit an inch away from my TV when using the sacrt that i got with the cube and it is still really clear. :\ I'd probably get rectangle eyes anyhow as it's a widescreen. That'd be cool :D
Sat 03/05/03 at 12:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Cookie, thanks for the help, but are you deffinately sure
> that when you put your face right close you can't see like diagonal
> 'waves' running down the screen?

Im pretty sure, i'll double check.
Sat 03/05/03 at 12:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well i ran the risk of burning my corneas, i sat with my eyelashes flicking the screen, and there is no sign of scrolling lines, diagonal or otherwise.

The wind waker looks really pretty.

I took an mpg video, but it shows the usual 60Hz scrolling lines, so it doesnt help you to see the pictures clarity. If you still want to see it give me a shout when i come back from Stirling and i will upload it to my site.
Sat 03/05/03 at 13:40
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Ok. I'm using the standard 3 connector cable that came with my GC (the red white and yellow ones).

I put the bonus disc in, and it's in colour. So I don't need an RGB cable, must be something to do with your TV.

But I do have the picture going through my AV Amp before it gets to the T - I doubt that'd make a difference though.
Sat 03/05/03 at 13:48
Regular
"  "
cookie monster wrote:
> Well i ran the risk of burning my corneas, i sat with my eyelashes
> flicking the screen, and there is no sign of scrolling lines, diagonal
> or otherwise.
>
> The wind waker looks really pretty.
>
> I took an mpg video, but it shows the usual 60Hz scrolling lines, so
> it doesnt help you to see the pictures clarity. If you still want to
> see it give me a shout when i come back from Stirling and i will
> upload it to my site.

Ah, yes please. And what are these usual scrolling lines you speak of? As I have played 60hz on my PS2 loads and I haven't noticed these lines before on 60Hz... They are unbearable, are the ones you see unbearable?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.