GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamer of the year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 15:32
Regular
Is it acceptable that when someone wins a competition like gamer of the year, they can actually be called gamer of the year. Just because they won the thing doesn't mean they're the best nor are they worthy of the title. Someone better may not be able to travel to the event or may be ill, etc.
Wed 14/11/01 at 21:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This year there are two.

Next year there will be 77 Gamers of the Year, only most of them will only be Gamers of the Month (for their area).

But 7 of them will be Gamers of the Year (for their area)

And one of them will be Gamer of the Year (for their country)

s'true - The 85 trophies are already being made. Prizes include a MAXX PC, £700 in vouchers and 77 games of your choice.

Hurrah for Big Tone, who could only manage 2 mins 40 seconds on the GT3 and would like to know how people shaved 3 seconds off this to win the title.
Wed 14/11/01 at 20:00
Regular
Is it right for a football team to win the world cup, when they haven't even played me at football yet?

------------

"And we're here for the World Cup final... and Grix is to kick off."

"And here comes... oh, Grix has been tackled. He's running back to get into goal. Oh dear. 1-0 down already... Grix picks up the ball, and he's running back to the goal line."

"He's asking for a minute to get his breath back..."

"And now he's picked up the ball and is running towards the opposition goal line. And... oh, the ref has spotted him, and blown the whistle... and Grix... Grix is running towards him, and he's thrown the ball at the ref."

"He's been sent off. Grix has been sent off. This is a real blow for his team."

"Still. The game is going on, and Grix is sat on the bench. And... what's this?"

"I'm not sure Steve... but to me it looks like a... human brain is trying to make it's way onto the pitch."

"Yes... amazingly, the brain has... WHAT A SAVE! That was unbelievable!"

"Yes, yes it was Steve... my God, that brain can move."

"And he's round one... round two... oh superb touch there, and... he shoots!... Oh! The goalie punches it clear..."

"Well, it looks like the brain is taking the corner... all the defence has run in, settling around the goal line... if he pulls this off, I'll be amazed."

"And the brain crosses the ball high in the air... and he's on the recieving end! GOAL! A beautiful head into the back of the net, and it's one all!"

"I said it before, and I'll say it again, that brain can move."
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
heh, I was devestated that my excitebike time was faster than the actual winners. I asked if I could send in my memory pack but SR said no and I can understand this they may think that my time was cheated.

:-D

GM - A GC sliped away from his grasp..
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Is it acceptable that when someone wins a competition like gamer of the year,
> they can actually be called gamer of the year. Just because they won the thing
> doesn't mean they're the best nor are they worthy of the title. Someone better
> may not be able to travel to the event or may be ill, etc.

ts not GamerOfTheYear for the entire planet...

Its SR's GamerOfTheYear...

The best gamer from SR's test...

(Otherwise you could question Americas World Series, which is comprised of US, Canadian teams)
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:39
Regular
You really should have.

The website for it would suck though.
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Maybe we should have called it 'Best gamer of the people who turned up at the shops, excluding the people who stayed home because they were ill and those that were crap 2002' instead.
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
Wheres your head at? wrote:
> i live near brighton and i have no shops near me so i carnt win.

ps. SR or
> Tony, please open a shop in brighton, you know you want to. go on, go on, go
> on, go on, go on.

I live near Brighton also and would go along with that!! A SR shop just down the road would be awesome!!
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:51
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
your not mocking me though, are you? Are you?
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:50
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
exactly
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I'm the fastest sprinter in the world but I didn't make it to the last Olympics so no-one knows.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.