GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamer of the year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 15:32
Regular
Is it acceptable that when someone wins a competition like gamer of the year, they can actually be called gamer of the year. Just because they won the thing doesn't mean they're the best nor are they worthy of the title. Someone better may not be able to travel to the event or may be ill, etc.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:32
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Is it acceptable that when someone wins a competition like gamer of the year, they can actually be called gamer of the year. Just because they won the thing doesn't mean they're the best nor are they worthy of the title. Someone better may not be able to travel to the event or may be ill, etc.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
If they diddn't get to the comp for whatever reason, then it's their loss.

Harsh, but fair.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
maybe but it still doesn't make them the best. The other competitors that turned may have been crap.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:45
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
then that would have made the winner the best of the people that turned up.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Digging!"
i live near brighton and i have no shops near me so i carnt win.

ps. SR or Tony, please open a shop in brighton, you know you want to. go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Yes but not the best in the world or country. And how can you judge on a racing game, why not a 1st person shooter say. anyway i gotta go soon. maybe i'll speak with you all 2moro.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I'm the fastest sprinter in the world but I didn't make it to the last Olympics so no-one knows.
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:50
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
exactly
Wed 14/11/01 at 15:51
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
your not mocking me though, are you? Are you?
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
Wheres your head at? wrote:
> i live near brighton and i have no shops near me so i carnt win.

ps. SR or
> Tony, please open a shop in brighton, you know you want to. go on, go on, go
> on, go on, go on.

I live near Brighton also and would go along with that!! A SR shop just down the road would be awesome!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.