GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT THE XBOX?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/05/03 at 20:39
Regular
I have the PS2 an GC but don't have an Xbox. I feel that most games are ported to different consoles and not many games are out. Prove me wrong enough to persuade my Dad to get it for my birthday.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:08
Regular
"Festivus!"
Hedfix wrote:
> controller leads which
> detach instead of pulling xbox off table

That must be one STRONG table...

Or did it collapse ;)

And the controller thing? It happens on the GC.

And no built in modem.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:14
Regular
"8==="
I have a cube too. it doesn't have links along the wire which detach leaving half the wire attached to the console and half to the controller. thats what i was talking about. check out the xbox controller wires
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I have GC, PS2 and X-Box, personnally I prefer the X-Box. I just think it's the better console out of the bunch to be blunt, although my GameCube is starting to look better with every passing month.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:28
Regular
"8==="
they all have unique games (hurry up mario kart!) but i personally find the ps2 controller just too annoying to use, get me a converter that allows x box/ cube controllers on ps2 and i'll get a ps2, if only for GTA
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Halo.
Halo 2.

What more reason do you need ?
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:15
"For the horde!!!!"
Star Fury wrote:
> Halo.
> Halo 2.
>
> What more reason do you need ?

Half Life 2?
Doom 3?
Wind Waker?
Metroid Prime?
F-Zero?
Mario Kart?
Mario 128?
FF12?
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
"8==="
think its getting doom 3 and halflife 2. according to IGN
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It's a self contained mutlimedia system with its own operating system, proprietary hardware and peripherals.

It's a Mac.

Thank you PvP.
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:25
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I can't spell.

Hurrah!
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> They just rule. With games like halo that are only available for the
> PC, you just have to get it.

---

Exactly. They're going to all be available at some point for the PC, and almost everyone has a PC. So that's a good reason NOT to fork out for an Xbox.

---

> Also the x-box live package will beat the crap out of PS2 and GC
> online gaming.

---

Yes, this is true, and I have to agree, but firstly, this is because Microsoft need to do something drastic to get some support and some backup in the console market. Nintendo know that a fault could cost them a lot, so they're simply waiting for the Xbox to test on whether consumers actually want to play online or not.

And anyway, the GameCube is online, just not with as many titles or users as Xbox. Sony have yet to start their online adventure, which surprises me. Maybe Nintendo aren't the only ones having doubts...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.