GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Electronic Arts suck?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 12:38
Regular
Do Electronic Arts suck?

Sometimes they make a good game (nightfire), sometimes they make a bad game
(Medal of honour (single player anyway). sometimes they make a game over and over again (FIFA and NHL i'm looking at you). And sometimes they do really stupid things (3D0 anyone?). Also they think some of their decisions carry more weight than they do, for instance EA have not said they're supporting Xbox live. this is kind of stupid because if its a choice between an official EA sports game and an unofficial game which can go online I think many people would jump at the unofficial online game, especially if their not fussed about up to date statistics.

Anyway: DO EA SUCK?
Wed 07/05/03 at 14:21
Regular
Nightfire? GOOD? LOL!!!!
Wed 07/05/03 at 14:31
Regular
"8==="
I'd say the multiplayer was good at least. 6 bots, various modes, good weapons, remote guns, varied levels, last man standing (excellent).

of course i'm talking about the xbox version. so others may differ and i expect on pc its probably awful. but the weapon sets are on the whole balanced (apart from the default one, super guided missile bit too good and should only have one rocket)

So yeah multiplayer-wise its good
Wed 07/05/03 at 15:05
Regular
"DS..."
They used to be a whole lot better in the 16 bit era as they produced/published more original games, now they just seem to be churning out endless sequels and cash-ins with an occaisional title that stands out from the rest, lets just hope that their recent deal with Nintendo which will see the man himself Shigeru Miyamoto having creative input to the games released on Nintendo formats will trun things around for the better.

slik ~_~
Wed 07/05/03 at 15:28
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Nothing wrong with EA really. Sure, they publish FIFA, NBA, NFL etc. games every year, but loads of companies do that, and anyone who buys each and every one is stupid.

Contrary to popular belief, EA are behind some of the most enjoyable games on the market at the moment (and they help publish... well, most of the top sellers each year)
Wed 07/05/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Totoro wrote:
> I have good and bad feelings towards EA. On the one hand there’s the
> constant releasing of naff cash-ins like FIFA, Harry Potter, 007, etc
> purely for profit with little regards to making great games out of the
> franchise.

Business doing things just for a profit! ALERT THE AUTHORITIES!!!1

Come on, EA are as 'bad' as Nintendo, Sega or anyone else. They publish some good games, they publish some bad game, so what? As this thread shows, there is normally someone who will enjoy the games you think suck. FIFA, Madden and the like are released in updated versions every year because they are good games and people demand the latest player rosters. If EA can create a franchise that sells in rediculous numbers year after year then they should be prasied - no one is tricked into buying their games, people do it because they enjoy them.
Wed 07/05/03 at 15:36
Regular
"8==="
trouble is those games could be better. but EA are always intent on hitting the release dates over spending more time finetuning a game. For example their WCW games could've been really good, but seemed very rushed
Wed 07/05/03 at 15:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Madden.

That is all.
Wed 07/05/03 at 16:24
Regular
"\\"
I love them purely on their robotic voice...

*uses robotic voice*

electronic arts!

heh heh.
Wed 07/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
EA is an indicator of all the PS2 software really - there's swamps of stuff made by them, half of it is pap but there are some great titles in there (Tiger Woods 2003, SSX, The Sims...when it first came out).

However, they do like to milk a franchise...
Wed 07/05/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
EA have earth and beyond which really does rule :p

i have over 20 solid dys of gameplay in it now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.