GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Electronic Arts suck?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 12:38
Regular
Do Electronic Arts suck?

Sometimes they make a good game (nightfire), sometimes they make a bad game
(Medal of honour (single player anyway). sometimes they make a game over and over again (FIFA and NHL i'm looking at you). And sometimes they do really stupid things (3D0 anyone?). Also they think some of their decisions carry more weight than they do, for instance EA have not said they're supporting Xbox live. this is kind of stupid because if its a choice between an official EA sports game and an unofficial game which can go online I think many people would jump at the unofficial online game, especially if their not fussed about up to date statistics.

Anyway: DO EA SUCK?
Wed 07/05/03 at 12:38
Regular
"8==="
Do Electronic Arts suck?

Sometimes they make a good game (nightfire), sometimes they make a bad game
(Medal of honour (single player anyway). sometimes they make a game over and over again (FIFA and NHL i'm looking at you). And sometimes they do really stupid things (3D0 anyone?). Also they think some of their decisions carry more weight than they do, for instance EA have not said they're supporting Xbox live. this is kind of stupid because if its a choice between an official EA sports game and an unofficial game which can go online I think many people would jump at the unofficial online game, especially if their not fussed about up to date statistics.

Anyway: DO EA SUCK?
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:19
Regular
"aliens exist"
errrrrrrr i think you've got that the wrong way round, i think you mean sometimes they make a good game like medal of honour, and sometimes they make a crap game like nightfire.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:26
Regular
"8==="
personally I found the medal of honour single player game very formulaic and the aiming system clumsy but i'm talking about the console version.

the multiplayer on nighfire i found to be the closest thing yet to my favourite game - perfect dark. so I like nightfire more than MOH. the single player game's better than MOH but not by much. The multiplayer sorts things out though as nightfire simply has more and the control system isn't clumsy.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I'd consider EA more a publisher than a developer.

And yes, they do suck.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:30
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
EA: Creators of the numerous #1 games such as, the FIFA series, The Sims, Nightfire the list goes on.

No they don't suck.. just different people hav differnt opinions.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I have good and bad feelings towards EA. On the one hand there’s the constant releasing of naff cash-ins like FIFA, Harry Potter, 007, etc purely for profit with little regards to making great games out of the franchise. But on the other hand, I like The Sims, the Sim City series and Medal of Honor, and those games are well supported with expansion packs and downloads. So I suppose at the end of the day whether you like EA depends upon if you like any of their franchise games. I like some, but I dislike some too, so I’m sort of in the middle.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:40
Regular
"8==="
trouble with EA over a company like Rare is EA hit release dates spot on, polished game or not, whereas rare'll delay til their happy with the game. That's why they fell out with nintendo.

I like how their making some sports over the top though Def Jam should be good and SSX is good,

lemme see *rummages through games collection for EA stuff*

Need for speed 2 (xbox) - adequate
The Sims (xbox) - good one, like it
The word is not enough (n64) - poor
Fifa 99 (n64) - adequate
Medal of honour - no!! for the love of god no!! have you PLAYED goldeneye?
First mission good - down hill from there
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:47
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Command & Conquer: Generals was published by EA.
Wed 07/05/03 at 13:51
Regular
"8==="
um. so? is it good or not?
Wed 07/05/03 at 14:11
"For the horde!!!!"
The Sims suck

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.