GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Electronic Arts suck?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 12:38
Regular
Do Electronic Arts suck?

Sometimes they make a good game (nightfire), sometimes they make a bad game
(Medal of honour (single player anyway). sometimes they make a game over and over again (FIFA and NHL i'm looking at you). And sometimes they do really stupid things (3D0 anyone?). Also they think some of their decisions carry more weight than they do, for instance EA have not said they're supporting Xbox live. this is kind of stupid because if its a choice between an official EA sports game and an unofficial game which can go online I think many people would jump at the unofficial online game, especially if their not fussed about up to date statistics.

Anyway: DO EA SUCK?
Thu 08/05/03 at 16:55
No they do not.

EA's big name franchises make EA what they are today (they're cash cows), and without them it would make it more difficult and less likely for them to obtain licenses for big name products such as LoTR. After all, EA's version is the best out there, and every game in their portfolio has high production values.
Thu 08/05/03 at 16:31
Regular
I'm starting to warm to EA recently, fair enough they release their fair share of crap. But over the past few months and looking at their upcoming releases, there's some good games there.

EA Big seem to be really consistant with the quality of their games, having recently bought NBA Street 2 and I can honestly say it's the absoloute mutts nuts.

Then series like Medal of Honor, Tiger Woods and some others are all great in my opinion and I have no problem with yearly updates of them. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Thu 08/05/03 at 15:31
"I love yo... lamp."
EA are a bit to big for their boots at times but someone would churn out sequels and stuff if they didn't. And at least FIFA NHL etc are generally pretty good if not exactly wonderful. And they do some good games.

Give them a break.
Thu 08/05/03 at 13:54
"For the horde!!!!"
Semajal wrote:
> EA have earth and beyond which really does rule :p
>
> i have over 20 solid dys of gameplay in it now.

That sounds ok but i'm thinking of geting Planetside.
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Yes. yes they do. At sports games.
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
locky1133 wrote:
> I'd consider EA more a publisher than a developer.
>
> And yes, they do suck.

Do they develop anything??

The main problem I have with EA, is thier ability to throw out half finished titles (Black and White, Ultima9, Medeal of Honour) to suit their release schedule, then expect gamers to put up with buggy gameplay and endless patches...

Afterwhich they release an add-on pack which has half the features promised in the original release, for an extra 20 quid...

Obviously they are out to make money... but it seems a little too much profit over product???
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:30
Regular
"8==="
i already explained why, just read the early posts. cheers
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
NFL 2003 is genius,
GENIUS.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:23
Regular
"That's right!"
Hedfix wrote:
Sometimes they make a good game (nightfire), sometimes they make a bad game Medal of honour

-------

Yes... I'm sure that's what you tell the doctors at the home every day...

Nurse Mystique? Kindly dope him up again, he's become dillusional.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:46
Regular
"Do EA suck?"
Two dollar fifty!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.