GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reasons to buy a cube instead of a box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 21:11
Regular
My m8s PS2 has broken down for the 5th time and he's finnaly realised how crap it is, but he's decided to buy a X-Box instead of a Gamecube, so how can I convince him that a gamecube is way better??? You see he's just buying a X-box because every1 in my school says the cube is crap. So help me out here... plz :-)
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:23
Regular
Tony_Blair wrote:
> right anymore of "this" and both your fingers are gonna fall
> off!

Any more of that and you'll lose your penultimate brain cell!
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:21
Regular
maddmun wrote:

> Invite him round to play it sometime, but don't invite him JUST to
> play it, he'll say it's crap and avoid you. After he plays a few
> games, if he's still unconvinced, screw him. It's his chooice and you
> should stay out of it.

> However, my friend needs convincing, he has a PS2 but his brother is
> getting it in his room and he wants another for himself, and it's damn
> near impossible to convince him otherwise, yet, I must try.

Sounds to me like you are very insecure in yourself!! "screw him" if he makes a decision that you don't agree with? Pathetic. I'm sure your friend also thinks you are a bit pathetic by trying to convince him not to get a PS2. If he gets an XBox or Gamecube it should be because HE wants one, not because YOU want him to get one.

You sound like you would make a very good salesperson working somewhere like Game or Dixons. They have zero knowledge of their product area, but still try and pressure you into buying something because THEY think you'll want it.
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:08
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
right anymore of "this" and both your fingers are gonna fall off!
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:02
Regular
Badly Drawn Boy wrote:

> And you have a life where you don't have to abuse peoples 'grammer',
> as you call it?

Actually yes, because in my life I don't "have" to abuse peoples 'grammer' as you put it. In my life I "choose" to abuse peoples 'grammer'. There is a distinct difference.
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:56
Regular
First of all, do you HAVE a Gamecube?

If not, then shut your face If so, then take heed of my advice.

Invite him round to play it sometime, but don't invite him JUST to play it, he'll say it's crap and avoid you. After he plays a few games, if he's still unconvinced, screw him. It's his chooice and you should stay out of it.

However, my friend needs convincing, he has a PS2 but his brother is getting it in his room and he wants another for himself, and it's damn near impossible to convince him otherwise, yet, I must try.
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:45
Regular
Be his mate - and convince him to get a GameCube. I really can't believe how everyone in your school hates it but don't worry - while the Xbox sells on popularity, the GameCube does with the best games.
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm. Just thought about it.

The Cube has had *3* classics in just over a year. And another 6/7 fantastic titles.

Thats pretty damn good, considering whats to come....
Thu 08/05/03 at 20:29
"For the horde!!!!"
Gamecube all the way.
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Festivus!"
I do?

And you have a life where you don't have to abuse peoples 'grammer', as you call it?
Thu 08/05/03 at 17:36
Regular
Yawn...

Yet another variant on "my console's better than yours"...get a life boys.

If your "m8" wants to get an XBox because "every1" in your school tells him the cube is crap, then let him get one and be done with it. As long as he is happy with his decision, for whatever reasons, it's the right one for him. Stop trying to live his life for him. You never know, in doing so you might even discover that you have a life of your own.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.