GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reasons to buy a cube instead of a box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 21:11
Regular
My m8s PS2 has broken down for the 5th time and he's finnaly realised how crap it is, but he's decided to buy a X-Box instead of a Gamecube, so how can I convince him that a gamecube is way better??? You see he's just buying a X-box because every1 in my school says the cube is crap. So help me out here... plz :-)
Thu 15/05/03 at 15:58
Regular
"8==="
put simply. Cube is cheaper, smaller and has exclusive games. I have both an xbox and a cube, as they both have the plus points.
Thu 15/05/03 at 11:51
Regular
Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I'll just let him make up his own mind and if he makes the wrong choice then oh well. I'll just enjoy my gamecube :-)
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Just personal favs.

Jet Set Radio Future
Sega GT2002
Amped
DOA3
Shenmue 2

There are others and there will be more.
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:59
Regular
...and?

RIght, we have two now, lead on...
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:56
"I love yo... lamp."
I agree with the look at the games that are out, whats due out and then go with the one that has the most he likes. But i you have to have just one console, then at the moment the xbox is by far my favourite. Sorry, but I don't think he ismaking a mistake. It has Halo and PGR.
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> Sounds to me like you are very insecure in yourself!! "screw
> him" if he makes a decision that you don't agree with? Pathetic.
> I'm sure your friend also thinks you are a bit pathetic by trying to
> convince him not to get a PS2. If he gets an XBox or Gamecube it
> should be because HE wants one, not because YOU want him to get one.

No, the reson I must convince him otherwise is a long story. Originally, he got the PS2 as a suprise, yet he still wanted a Gamecube more than anything. This went on until about October, when he became friendly with someone who convinced him that the Gamecube was crap.
He changed his mind about everything, and slowly gave reasons why several games were now bad. For example, when he wanted a Gamecube, he wanted The Wind Waker, but made up the petty excuse that when enemies die and turn into purple swirls, the game is crap.
So, I need to show him that he was correct in the beginning, he even slates Multiformat games which have been improved for the Gamecube. Please, he should go with what he thought originally.
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
"yes i do have a problem with quotes"
Fri 09/05/03 at 08:05
Regular
""Do" "you" "have" "a" "problem" "with" "quotes?""
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:47
Regular
Well the answer is simple. Check tell him to check what games are available on the Cube & Xbox, and what games are to come. Go with the console that has more of your preferred games. You shouldnt get involved in this stupid debate "this system is more powerful than that system" cuz that doesnt mean anything; the PS2 is technically weaker than both but arguably the best. Besides, if he wants to pick a system cuz 'his friends like it' then let him, thats up to him...
Thu 08/05/03 at 21:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I "agree".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.