GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a Safeway interview today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/05/03 at 14:59
Regular
Should I wear a shirt and tie?

Remember I'm only 17 and this only for shelf packer job thing

Mmmm
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No temp.
They offered me a contact after 5 weeks and I said "...alright"

Still here, still gazing out the window but no lezza action for almost 3 months.
This sucks
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> I arrived at my current place of employment in jeans and a
> paint-spattered t shirt - agency called and said could I go down there
> within the next 30 mins, not giving me time to change.
>
> 3 years later I sit here still.
> Today I am in tinted low-waist denims and some sort of hippy fabric
> top I bought in Mexico.
>
> Clothes do *not* maketh the man

You Bl**dy temp! I only get the shirt and tie out when I'm angling for an agency payrise. Or when I have to go to another department and do a presentation. Even then I look like ****. Can't do presentable, sorry.

I'm bringing the government down from within: just call me maverick.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:03
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> Flip-Flops and sticka chicken up your aaaaaaaaaarzz

Really? Flip flops with a shirt and tie? The chicken is ok because you can claim you have turbo-piles but flip flops....

Fashion tip: don't listen to Goatboy, wear sandals and white socks instead, tiny white shorts and a t-shirt that has an amusing comment on it like- (front) My other T-shirt is, (back) at home. Make sure that you have the label of aforementioned t-shirt sticking out with your name clearly on it. That way you will come across as very sensible.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:02
Regular
For Work experience at Blockbuster they told me to wear a dark blue shirt, a pair of black trousers and black shoes... not that bad as it sounds like.
Thats 3 years ago almost but it hasn't changed.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I arrived at my current place of employment in jeans and a paint-spattered t shirt - agency called and said could I go down there within the next 30 mins, not giving me time to change.

3 years later I sit here still.
Today I am in tinted low-waist denims and some sort of hippy fabric top I bought in Mexico.

Clothes do *not* maketh the man
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Yes you should, as they'll probably have a point scoring methodology for assessing your competence (to stach shelves) based on appearance and the questions you provide at the interview. You will be on the shop floor when customers are about so you'll have to wear some gay t-shirt/uniform anyway, therefore smartness is a desirable quality.

Being a team player who is happy to work on their own initiative is the way to play the interview...
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
hmmm tell me so ANY job u go for u have to wear a suit?
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:40
"...Unicef pennies.."
Cubist wrote:
> and you will look smart without looking like a gimp while
> walking down the street singing ohh ahh baby

Waaaaiiiit a minute.

If he gets the job, he'll have to work in a safeways uniform. Much worse surely?

Walking down the road in a shirt and tie one day won't do him any harm. Not relative to when he has the job, anyway.
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Don't wear a tie but dress like you are going out to a reasonably up class restaurant with friends. Wear some nice trousers (not jeans), a fancy shirt with some kind of decoration on it that makes it look smart (not cheesy though) and finally wear a smart jacket (Suede, Leather etc) and you will look smart without looking like a gimp while walking down the street singing ohh ahh baby...Sorry I got carried away.
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:56
"You love us!"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Hercules! wrote:
> I want to work in PC World for a little while.
>
> I nearly got a job in PC world. Then I realised my conscience would
> stop me from ever being able to recommend their products to anyone.

I wasn't aware that PC World actually produced many (if any) of their *own* products!?

I thought they were a reseller. Hmmm.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.