GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The prom, your veiws?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/05/03 at 20:43
Regular
Are you going to yours? Does your school have one?

I’m not going to mine, here’s my argument for not going.

Its expensive, why pay huge amounts of money for a night out? You say its our last night together? So make a better (cheaper) night. Some friends and me are going Alton towers to say goodbye, a millions times better!

Why suffer the company of people you cant stand on your night? i mean my year is full of todgers i cant stand, i would rather do somthing where there not present.

So personally I’m saving myself £300 pounds, you?
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Light of the world"
IT WAS GOOD...Just you know..not the same when you aint got boyfriend there...or music thats decent...best bit was the limmmo! :D
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
Lil ginge wrote:
> thinkin about it...yea mine was crap! OK i had a great dress. was in a
> limo with mates and location was at a posh hotel. But I wasn't allowed
> to take my boyfriend as he werent in the same year as me which made
> whole thing poo. There was no alcohol whole night was expensive and
> the food and music was just...terrible. The best part of the night was
> sharing times and seeing people. I had a laugh but the best bit was
> actually sleep over after at a mates house.
>
> Understand you have a laugh with your pals at home...I did after!

The last bit says it all about proms...
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
My prom's this Thursday, and to be honest, I can't be @r$ed going. Yeah, it's only £8, but what about the "suit with white tie" and limo. Get lost. It's just for those "popular" people, the smarmy idiots, who hopefully won't achieve anything in life and I can just look back and laugh at.
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
"Light of the world"
thinkin about it...yea mine was crap! OK i had a great dress. was in a limo with mates and location was at a posh hotel. But I wasn't allowed to take my boyfriend as he werent in the same year as me which made whole thing poo. There was no alcohol whole night was expensive and the food and music was just...terrible. The best part of the night was sharing times and seeing people. I had a laugh but the best bit was actually sleep over after at a mates house.

Understand you have a laugh with your pals at home...I did after!
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Mine was crap, but free, apart from drinks. We hired out parts of the Royal hotel in Nottingham, crap DJ, e.t.c

Eight of us spent the entire evening drinking whilst the "popular" (for popular read "people who are now unemployed losers with about one GCSE") messed around.

Sixth Form one was better.

Supposed to be an end of year one for my second year class in Uni but I'm not going, there's about five people I'm really good friends with and neither are they. Why on earth do I want to spend money going somewhere with a pile of people who I wouldn't normally hand around with ?
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:30
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I went to mine.

Organised by the "Popular" girls (for popular read tarty), controlled by the same, enjoyed most by the same. It was overpriced, crap, the DJ was appaling and couldn't mix to save his life. There was no input into it from anyone but about 10 girls who were hated by almost all the others in the year. We went thinking it would be a laugh and we could all relax together, we found out they were trying their best to deny us this. About 12 people disappeared to the pub halfway through, another 15 or so popped to a nearby off-license at some point during the evening. The venue got really annoyed if we made a mess, and people were smoking cigars becuase they found out it annoyed some of the others.

Still, It was an excuse to wear a pinstripe suit and sunglasses at night, and I stole a crate of beer out of a limo some people were leaving in.
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
£300, do you get diamond encrusted rings in the price!?

Mine is £15, then we go into town and get sloshed afterwards. Food & (non alcoholic) drink is free at the prom too. I'm going because it well be a great laugh!
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:54
"For the horde!!!!"
DébUK wrote:
> Well, I like most of the people going to mine, and there IS alcohol,
> and it's at a classy hotel!

when no one's looking find a screwdriver and remove their posh taps and flog them down the pawnbrokers >:D
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well, I like most of the people going to mine, and there IS alcohol, and it's at a classy hotel!
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:47
Regular
"8==="
lets face it. most people think most of the people they went/are going to school with are idiots. Imagine PAYING to be in a room with them out of school hours? and no alcohol? Its bad enough doing the same thing at uni with alcohol!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.