GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Plane has hit New York"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 14:58
Regular
turn on your TVs now
another plane has just hit new york and upto four buildings are on fire
and its almost the same time as when it happened on the 11th
9am ish
Mon 12/11/01 at 14:58
Regular
turn on your TVs now
another plane has just hit new york and upto four buildings are on fire
and its almost the same time as when it happened on the 11th
9am ish
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Absolutely no confirmation of anything other than accident.

Wait until we know what's going on before speculation flies.
Just remember right now, that families lost people on that plane.
That's the only thing worth mentioning at this point.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:06
Regular
true..
they just announced that it could be an accident according to eye witness accounts
sorry for jumping the gun there
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sky News and CNN.COM:

It is understood the plane was an Airbus A300 and suffered engine failure shortly after taking off from JFK airport.

Reports say the aircraft may have been carrying up to 246 passengers.

The jet, thought to be flight 587, was heading to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic when it came down in Queens, in the south of the city.

There are reports the plane hit a number of buildings near Rockaway beach.

The incident comes two months after the US terrorist attacks on the US.

Security chiefs said there was no evidence of terrorist activity but all airports in New York have now been closed as a precautionary measure.

A huge plume of smoke is rising above the New York skyline as the wreckage burns.

The Dow Jones dropped 200 points as news of the crash reached the markets.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I was hoping this was all a joke but it's not. I turned onto world news and found this dreadful outbreak happening as we speak. I am gald to see you were not joking, well not glad b/c it's sadly ture, but I am glad b/c I know you would never want to joke about something so terrible.

Thank you for informing us Mystique

Catch ya later dude

Son Of Liberty
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:11
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Very sad news - it was a U.S passenger jet. No matter what is was really, nothing like this should have taken place.

If this is proved as a planed attack, I pitty the fools who brought this situation in-hand. If it were, we all have a very clear idea of who it was.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:12
Regular
"not dead"
Those poor people.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Exactly Meka.

200+ people died.
Why?
Let's not start bandying about "Well if it was then Bin Laden" etc, because the only we know for sure right now is 200+ families have had their lives shattered today.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:16
"High polygon count"
Terrorist attacks aside, I knew this was going to happen.

How?

It always does around Christmas - I seem to remember it every year for at least the last 5. November/December - plane crash.

Still to come are a train accident and a coach leaving the road in poor conditions.

This is not a poor attempt at humour; something like this always happens in the run up to Christmas, particularly with aircraft.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:18
Regular
I just heard this on the radio at work.

They've said that the American Aviation Society (or something like that) has said they don't know what caused the crash.

Here's hoping it was an accident as opposed to something else...

But Meka and Goaty are right. 200+ families have had their lives ruined, isn't Thanksgiving about now in the US? What a terrible time for this to happen...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.