GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zedla OoT or Wind Waker"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Sun 11/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
Which do you prefer OoT or Wind Waker??
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:58
"Wa-wa-west"
I suppose I should say something about everything in this topic.
My favorite Zelda is Majora's Mask, I love all the stuff you can do in that, but Ocarina comes a close second. As for Zelda on the Gameboy, Oracle of Seasons was brilliant, but Link to the Past was the best.

On another subject: MARIO SUNSHINE IS THE WORST GAME EVER! (bar universal studios)
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:33
Regular
The Wind Waker has that Zelda feel to it but yes it's easy it still lasts.
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Personnaly, Link's Awakening ranks as one of my favourite Zeldas.

While I never thought Links Awakening was as outright playable as LttP, particularly on my first run through it, it's difficult to ignore the fact that it was an astonishing technical feat to cram a fully complete and original Zelda epic onto a Gameboy, arguably every bit as technically proficient as Ocarina of Time was on the N64.
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:17
Regular
"bing bang bong"
§niper wrote:
> Miserableman wrote:
> I thought Majora's Mask was the best 3D Zelda, albeit a bit small. A
> Link to the Past is still the daddy in my opinion though. The Wind
> Waker is not difficult enough.
>
> A link to the past was still easy though....
> The hardest games are probably RPGs

LttP was one of the harder Zelda games, only Ocarina of Time was harder in my opinion. Wind Waker is plain sailing (pun intended) in comparison.
Sun 11/05/03 at 23:46
Regular
Personnaly, Link's Awakening ranks as one of my favourite Zeldas.

Though it may jsut be because it was the first one I ever played on the Gameboy.

Just recently I decided to get the DX version and play through it again.
Sun 11/05/03 at 23:40
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I can see a bit of your Mario Sunshine point, though I personally in true fanboy style so no wrong in it, except camera.

I have to unfortunately diasgree with your Zelda point.. they had so many ideas stuff had to be taken out (2 or 3 dungeons!). Some of it is on the disc though if you use Action Replay.
Sun 11/05/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
phuzzy wrote:
> What .. is .. wrong .. with .. you .. SK?
>
> Heh :D Everyone to their own I guess :)

Sunshine was alright I suppose but it should really have been made as a spin off title rather than a half-hearted attempt (and relatively poor) at a new Mario game. Luigi's Island perhaps?

I'll probably start a war by saying this but I can't help but wonder if the original graphical style for Zelda:TWW was going to be completely different to how the game looks now. Perhaps new ideas for the game were coming up short so the radically different look was employed hee rather than elsewhere in a new title to attempt to cloud this problem. Just my opinion, but if you take out the boat it's just Zelda by numbers - which is still good, but at the same time somewhat disappointing.
Sun 11/05/03 at 23:19
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> I thought Majora's Mask was the best 3D Zelda, albeit a bit small. A
> Link to the Past is still the daddy in my opinion though. The Wind
> Waker is not difficult enough.

A link to the past was still easy though....
The hardest games are probably RPGs
Sun 11/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
What .. is .. wrong .. with .. you .. SK?

Heh :D Everyone to their own I guess :)
Sun 11/05/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
DeadMetal wrote:
> SmokedKipper wrote:
>
> If anyone wants to have a go at me for having an opinion I thought
> Mario Sunshine was rubbish.
>
> You Monster!!!

A monster I may be, but it was still rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.