GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zedla OoT or Wind Waker"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Sun 11/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
Which do you prefer OoT or Wind Waker??
Tue 13/05/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Mole Hole"
I prefer Zelda OoT
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
§niper wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> §niper wrote:
> The Wind Waker has that Zelda feel to it but yes it's easy it still
> lasts.
>
> Tzke out all of the sailing and it is few hours long.
> A few?
> And i'vebeen playing for more than 10 hours.

And how many of those hours have you spent sailing? It does increase the life of the game quite a bit but does get pretty boring very quickly.

Too many too small islands, too few dungeons, embarassing 'rupee dialogue', all the same weapons and toys (how many people thought "I wonder when I'll get my Hook Shot"?), uninvolving storyline, inconsistent mix of superb and bland graphical quality...the list goes on.

It's still pulls through as a Zelda game at heart though, which means it still good but, in this case, there's nothing exceptional here. I'm enjoying OoT: Master Quest on the bonus disc a lot more than I did the Wind Waker.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:39
Regular
it is quite straight forward but im missing some bottles a larger wallet aswell.
But then I think the Wind Waker feels better.
OoT was damn harder, quite a big world, massive dungeons and epona.
I wonder what the next one will be... follow on after the wind waker to will it go back a few years... but then ganondorf only just got out i have to play it more to see.
I want to be able to go to hyrule castle and ride epona again.. in gamecube form.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Lipe wrote:
> Next Zelda game should be in Hyrule and there should be Young Link and
> Adult Link

It was called Ocarina Of Time and it was released in 1998
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:33
I prefer Ocarina of Time because I remember that was a REAL challenge; it was such an effort reaching the end that I actually remembered the storyline for ages. Wind Waker so far has been more straightfoward than OoT, although I did die TO A PIG.
Tue 13/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
No, it's few hours long, diffrent from a few. I think....

I bet without the sailing, i would have cdompleted it the day I got it.

However, I prefer the Wind Waker for some odd reason. ALthough OoT is good, there's something about it that I don't like. I can't put my finger on it, but because of it, I prefer the Wind Waker.

And Zelda would be better without Dungeons. Maybve that's what I don't like, there's so many in OoT.
Tue 13/05/03 at 14:26
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> §niper wrote:
> lasts.
>
> Tzke out all of the sailing and it is few hours long.
A few?
And i'vebeen playing for more than 10 hours.
Tue 13/05/03 at 13:48
Regular
Next Zelda game should be in Hyrule and there should be Young Link and Adult Link
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:04
Regular
§niper wrote:
> lasts.

Tzke out all of the sailing and it is few hours long.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:01
Regular
Awakening is better than LTTP.

LTTP just irritates me with it's stupid ill thought out map.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.