GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whoopee... EA can now produce identikit FPS' of ALL bond films..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 22:16
Regular
Well, now EA have the rights to all previous Bond films, all Bond films until 2010, and can also make games not based on any films, but utilising the Bond licence, who's betting we'll see a bunch of Bond games in quick succession, each less imaginative than the last...?

I'm also betting before the contract runs out EA try to redo Goldeneye. All they need to do for that one is recreate the game Rare made years ago for the N64 with nicer graphics. But I'll be betting EA get cocky, try being clever and pilferrring the 'best' bits of the old Goldeneye (probably the bits most easily emulated) and adding their own touch of 'genius' (read: horribly misguided attempt at innovation based on the illusion they have some grain of talent in designing games) and end up ruining the whole thing.

What's worse is that the contract runs out in 2010... may seem a long way off, but with 20 films (17 if you knock off the ones there are already games of...?) to turn into games if EA are to milk this cash cow as much as they can in only 7 years, that's more than 2 games a year. So inevitably they'll end up like the Fifa games. Far too many of them, and very few worth bringing out for all the additional gameplay elements they added.

EA are blatantly incapable of providing anything other than boringly average Bond titles, and this is simply another cash cow for them to milk...

Very optimistic today, I am...
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
and me....

I'll be subjected to having each one of them bought by my brother.

He's a Bond freak.

gah
Tue 13/05/03 at 07:12
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Then came FIFA, Madden, NHL, NBA Live, Harry Potter, LOTR...
>
> Yes, I see.

4 of those suck donkey balls. The other three kick !rse :)
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:15
Regular
"8==="
THQ made a roadrash game on n64. it rocked. hopefully they get the licence again because the gameplay was fine, a graphical update and more traffic/bikers/police would easily be doable. Also burnout style crashes
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Because it isn't a series they could really make 65 more updates of within the space of 10 years.
Regular
Why don't they make Road Rash games anymore?
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Then came FIFA, Madden, NHL, NBA Live, Harry Potter, LOTR...

Yes, I see.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
EA used to make fantastic games before they made EVERY SINGLE F*CKING ONE INTO A FRANCHISE!!! Road Rash more or less shaped my childhood...
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
A good idea that the whole of the EA team couldn't come up with if they were shut in a room for three months and forced to think of as many new ideas as possible before being released.

In other words, it's not going to happen.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
GameStation reported the next EA bond game will be their most adventurous to date. Probably still not worth buying then.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I good idea would be to use the same engine and release each film as a budget title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.