GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 Not on Nintendo?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/01 at 13:40
Regular
Guess you'd better buy a console for grown-ups then.
That way you get to play GTA3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Smackdown 3, Silent Hill 2, Tony Hawks 3.

Or, settle for "Princess Mushroom's adventures in fluffy land"
Mon 12/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
:), I wish I worked for them....

I got star letter in issue 3 and got another letter printed (although I could have written it better) in issue 5.
Mon 12/11/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well said Edgy!

Are you really in GBXtreme? what, do you work there or something or was your name just in the mag? (I don't read it, but sill... can I have your autograph?)
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Guess you'd better buy a console for grown-ups then.
That way you get to play
> GTA3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Smackdown 3, Silent Hill 2, Tony Hawks 3.

Or,
> settle for "Princess Mushroom's adventures in fluffy land"

Aw...diddums wants to feel big and all gwoan-up cos he's got a Playstation 2....aww....

Nintendo's consoles have never actually been 100% aimed for kids. The NES was just cartoony because it was 8-bit, the SNES was cartoony because it was 16-bit and the N64 was cartoony because a lot of the games were based on the originals on the SNES and NES.

But wait a minute, the N64 was the most popular console for wrestling games wasn't it? I'm not a fan of seeing big muscly men grabbing each other but it is a true fact. Ok, wrestling games have and will come out on other consoles, but the N64 was just the console with the biggest choice in games in the wrestling genre.

Without trying to sound as childish as Goatboy, isn't Jak & Daxter a cartoony game? Isn't Tweenies a game for kids? How about Crash Bandicoot or Spyrou the Dragon? Not seen any photo-realistic pictures of those games in any mags!

Other than Tweenies on the Playstation and Noddy on the Game Boy, most cartoon animated games are designed for all ages! They are challenging and require a lot of skill to complete. Here's some that I've played which I don't think young children could complete so easy as you seem to make out games like this to be:

Super Mario 64, N64:
This game was a real challenge, it's difficult getting all those stars you know! I haven't actually completed this game myself, but I will when I eventually get back into playing it.

Maniac Manshion II: Day Of The Tentacle (and on the same disk) Sam & Max Hit the Road, PC:
Pure quality. Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max are thinking games. They are interactive cartoons in which you have to push, pull, open, close, talk to and use different characters and items to get further into the game. If you get stuck on any of these games, it could take you hours to get any further. Some of the language in these games is not for children to hear, and the style of some of the humour may not be suitable for young children in my opinion however there's no ELPSA rating on the cover. So even though they're cartoon games, they're not neccesarily designed for kids.

Worms World Party, All formats:

This game isn't a kids game either. It's fun, challenging, and once again requires a lot of skill. Infact, the single player missions are extremely difficult!

I could mention a lot more 2D or cartoony games that I've played (I've got a ZX Spectrum remember) but I think I've proven my point with those games above.

So does Goatboy understand now? Would you like to play with your lego or have a go at finger painting? Or would you like to make stamps with potatoes to make pretty patterns?
Mon 12/11/01 at 17:55
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Mythical_Wizard wrote:
> What if some of us are being greedy and getting both?

*looks over at the one
> known as Starlight*

I'm not getting both consoles, I was goin to at one point but I thought otherwise..
Mon 12/11/01 at 17:47
Regular
I remember a few rumours that GTA was gonna come out for the N64, dont know what ever happened to that though...

Anyway, these days more and more games seem to be going multi-platform. There are only few benefits to the developer of making games exclusive to one console.
Mon 12/11/01 at 17:44
Regular
Lylat wars is still a game i enjoy playing now!

The little conversations you have with the rest of the crew are great!

"WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!"

"we're Starfox!"

quality :D
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:17
Regular
PS:

LYLAT WARS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:17
Regular
Who's to say we won't get GTA3 or MGS2.

If they're PC games too then releasing them for the Gamecube is as easy as sticking the code in to the "NintendoGamecubeSoftware" compiler.

I know Konami like the Gamecube...

DMA? I'm sure if Nintendo asked nicely...
Mon 12/11/01 at 14:12
Regular
lol@slik :D
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:47
Regular
slik wrote:
> What a sad, pathetic post by a sad pathetic person!
slik ~_~

He's only jokin, calm down slik your gonna do hell for your blood pressure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.