GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:36
Regular
http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp? channel_id=70&object_id=489327&adtag=network=ign&site= ps2&pagetype=medialist&page_title=Gran+Turismo

If the game even looks half this good it'll be the mutts!!
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Wobble"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> What like special stages 5 and 11 in GT3, and Sanfransisco circuit?

Special Stage Route 5, Route 11, Rome, Seattle and Tokyo R246 are street circuits. But they don't give the impression of "real" street circuits do they?

I probably should have made it clearer, but what I meant was that the "street" circuits in GT3 are more like racetracks with city scenery in the background.

From that screenshot, these look far more closed in and imposing. The nearest to that in GT3 is Tokyo R246, towards the end of the lap where it narrows significantly.
Tue 03/06/03 at 19:50
Chemical Ali wrote:
> Ooooh!
>
> http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml? (SPACE)
> storyId=103754_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=EML63
>
>
> The very last picture...
>
> Street circuits in GT? Mmmmmm!

What like special stages 5 and 11 in GT3, and Sanfransisco circuit?
Fri 23/05/03 at 22:01
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
gt4 will rock!!!

I can't wait!!!

The pictures on my e-mail look superb!!

10/10
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yes so do I :(

Life is sooo unfair sometimes!
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Jive wrote:
> Yes it was (shuuush SR will get maaaaad) and that was also the reason
> why I was stroking my chin as in yeah what a load of BS!

Fair enough. I wish it was November though!
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Flying Pig wrote:
> If that was on Play.com, I think you'll be disappointed

Yes it was (shuuush SR will get maaaaad) and that was also the reason why I was stroking my chin as in yeah what a load of BS!
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Jive wrote:
> Heh...just found a release date - 21st Nov 2003

If that was on Play.com, I think you'll be disappointed - all the games that were announced at E3 have been given that date.

I'm thinking early 2004 - at best.
Thu 22/05/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Wobble"
Training your own teams to race for you sounds interesting. Hope it works well.

Nice to see that - online features aside - they're trying to add something new to the game. I love the GT series anyway, but extra features will always be welcome - particularly if they work well.

Car damage is neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned. PGR on the Xbox has visual damage (just about), but it doesn't affect the handling. And if it doesn't affect the handling, then it's pretty much irrelevant whether it's there or not. And to run a near-perfect race, only to slam a barrier on the final bend and have the engine drop out, is a royal pain in the butt. Sure, it may well happen in the real world, but games are supposed to be fun, after all. For me, the GT series has the right balance of simulation and arcade playability.

They do need to do some work on the driver AI though.

The game now looks far better than the early screenshot someone posted a link to a while ago - quite stunning, really. Showing once again that the machine can stand shoulder to shoulder with the competition.

If only all developers were this meticulous.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Heh...just found a release date - 21st Nov 2003

*strokes chin*

But, that is a Friday!

*continues to stroke chin*
Sun 18/05/03 at 16:46
Regular
"None Stored"
WhatWhat wrote:
> someone read the SR news on GT4 and youl get 500 cars 200 tracks and
> some online play

over 500 cars and ONLY :p 100 tracks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.