GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloading Movies on broadband"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 12:23
Regular
Hi...some assistance required please? I have broadband and I want to know how to download dvd's or films!
I only have Morpheus as my downloading tool as i couldnt get kaaza to work!
What else do i need and how does it work?
Cheers
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:37
Regular
Windows Media Player or you'll need a decent Divx player.

I haven't managed to get the sodding thing to work with my computer though, but apparently if you download something called Divx Player 2.1 you should find it'll play most DVD ripped files.

My computer's too slow to play them though.

Simplest thing to do with quite a few of the files is just preview them in Kazaa and it should run fine, that's what I do anyway.
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
Whats that saying....erm I know 'Honour among dweebs'! Whos down loading illegal material Tom..I only wanted to get one video..'borat's batty bashing bonanza!' (Hows the grammar there nerdboy...now get back to your GCSE Foundation maths revision). Hardly gonna bring the (and I might add...ridiclously lucrative and ruthlessly capitalist)home entertainment industry to its knees so get off you moral high horse and continue sucking it off! I appreciated the help tiltawhirl its just it wasnt at the nub of my problem..its not the downloading more the playing that is the issue...but I thank thee anyway! Well anyone else got anything to say or are you all sucking on inhalers staring wistfully out of the window, watching all the other 16 year olds playing football, cursing your boney girl legs and lack of coordination!....However do not despair in a year or so you will be able to drive...and then drink and one day you may pluck up enough courage to go to your local on say a tuesday night (less people, you see!) and then maybe you might get to talk to a female who isnt related to you!!
S(wet) dreams boys!!
Therage BSc
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:41
Regular
it brings up an interesting topic though, I mean, you can buy almost new DVDs from play247.com for about 8 quid, yet albums are still highly priced.

MUSIC INDUSTRY - SORT IT OUT !
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What 'adult' calls themself a 'grown up?'
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:39
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
therage79 wrote:
>and stop bugging the grown ups!

You say that, yet you're the one having a bit of a tantrum when we won't tell you where to download illegal material.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
All you need is Kazaalite but you've got a nice chance of a virus being included in the file.

Oh, and who's the nerd? The people who buy decent quality films or the little boy who sits in front of his PC downloading crappy ripped versions?

You're gonna get people moaning at you seeing as there are people who do support the industry as they know that them buying films will keep the future prices down.

It's the same way that I buy albums even though I can easily download them. I want to support the industry and at least give the artists something for what they've done.

Don't go acting all gimp like on the internet because you think that you're 'well hard' because you break the law. You're acting like a total geek searching the internet for stuff to download. That's far more geeky than someone who gets outside to the shops and buys a copy.

Oh, buy it anyway. Downloaded stuff is crap quality and has crap sound (ie no surround sound.)
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:36
Regular
therage you are a born and bred t*sser.

your grammar is terrible, your argument is flawed (hello, kettle, pot here, you're black!) and I reckon you could probably apply for university if you could spell it.

go download the s-club film or whatever it is, and stop harrassing those who have a job and can afford to go and buy films.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:34
Regular
Pick up one's toys and get back in one's pram.

Oh and if you look at my earlier post, you'll actually see that I tried to help you. Obviously I didn't make myself clear though or I'm not speaking your language. So here's my reply again in tard language, just for you.

If Kazaa iz nut workin 4 u, git Kazaa Lite instd.

Do you understandy me?
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:22
Regular
Now now little boy run along...
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Listen to yourselves..."I wish I could work in Gamestation"...you even give dweebs a bad name! Sitting in you room watchin robot wars thinking how fashionable everybody looks, looking forward to saturday so you can go to Another World or whatever lame scifi shop you have in your town! making sure you get home early so you dont get bullied by some rude boys on the bus and held on after your stop cause your all about as hard as Mr soft's tool as he flicks through a magazine entitled Margret thatcher: The ugly years! Plus you are all asmatic in the winter and mummy says cigerettes are bad!! so stay away from those bad boys on the bus and you might not get slashed on you nancy boy nerds!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.