GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fate Sucks!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 21:18
Regular
There is no Fate, there is no design for you, or plan for your life...

When your in trouble, and you think nothing can save you, but then out of the blue someone walks along with the excat ibject you need to solve your problem...

Its not bacause of fate, nor is it because someone has some galactic plan in which you are needed to ensure its success...

Its probably because your playing Monkey Island... other than that its coincedence.

Lets be honest, youve got to have a pretty big ego to believe that the universe will fall apart if you get detention on Friday afternoon.

:)

However...

I never have believed in fate...

Not because I want to believe that I make my own choices in life...

Not because Ive had such a terrible life, that I'm too cynicle to have any hopes of beliefs...

Not because I'm Agnostic, though it does smack a little of a religous bent...

Not because I limits my options and actions

But because it limits those of others. Fate, always provides suitably convient escape routes...

You girlfriend/Boyfriend didnt breakup with you because you were demanding, controlling, had terrible habits, were outragously rude to her friends and family and behaved obnoxtiously to them... but because fate decreed it...

You didnt get caught shop lifting because you were greedy... it was becasue it was fate... in fate, it was fate that you were shoplifting in the first place!

It seems fate is wrapped up with all thsoe little indesycracies that people enjoy attaching to their lives,

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that if they accept that on the whole, they control their own destiny.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that the large majority of life changing events in their lives happen to them, and not by them.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that their mediocre, tedious, repetitive lives, isnt what they are doing before lifes great adveture starts, and that they have wasted so much of it already.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared.

---

Thats why I dont believe in fate...

I may be wrong? ... I often am :)

How about you?
Wed 07/11/01 at 23:10
Regular
Religion is the cause of every major war on this planet. Has no-one thought that this whole Afgan situation could have been avoided had it not been for religion?
Wed 07/11/01 at 22:57
Regular
That rant on the end should have read
...as much right to believe it as anyone else DOES TO FOLLOW THEIR RELIGION...

my bad
Wed 07/11/01 at 22:55
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
You girlfriend/Boyfriend didnt breakup with you because you were demanding, controlling, had terrible habits, were outragously rude to her friends and family and behaved obnoxtiously to them... but because fate decreed it...

oh my god, how did you know about that? ; )

Top post.
I think maybe it's a little because everyone thinks they are / want to be special. Doesn't get more special than, as you said, changing the world to get you out of that detention.

Of course, everyone who thinks they are any more special than anyone else is blatantly wrong. Why, if that were so, it'd mean that i might be a little bit less special than they are, and that can't be right... : )

Reminds me of a theory i've been thinking about, about religion, but i don't think i'll share it in case it's considered offensive (it's not offensive, i have as much right to believe it as anyone else, but after a slight misinterpretation of a recent post, i'm being a little more careful these days).
Wed 07/11/01 at 22:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
You can just imagine a courtroom, where some guys under trial for murder, and the defence lawyer gives it:

"Well, this man didn't murder because he hated the victim, or because the victim had stolen his wife. No, it was all down to fate. He couldn't possibly NOT murder this person, as fate had already planned him to do it."

Also, the irony gods spring to mind in this topic. Not that they exist...

*All of a sudden, an irony god appears in front of Ant*

Oh the irony!
Wed 07/11/01 at 21:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
There is no Fate, there is no design for you, or plan for your life...

When your in trouble, and you think nothing can save you, but then out of the blue someone walks along with the excat ibject you need to solve your problem...

Its not bacause of fate, nor is it because someone has some galactic plan in which you are needed to ensure its success...

Its probably because your playing Monkey Island... other than that its coincedence.

Lets be honest, youve got to have a pretty big ego to believe that the universe will fall apart if you get detention on Friday afternoon.

:)

However...

I never have believed in fate...

Not because I want to believe that I make my own choices in life...

Not because Ive had such a terrible life, that I'm too cynicle to have any hopes of beliefs...

Not because I'm Agnostic, though it does smack a little of a religous bent...

Not because I limits my options and actions

But because it limits those of others. Fate, always provides suitably convient escape routes...

You didnt get caught shop lifting because you were greedy... it was becasue it was fate... in fate, it was fate that you were shoplifting in the first place!

It seems fate is wrapped up with all thsoe little indesycracies that people enjoy attaching to their lives,

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that if they accept that on the whole, they control their own destiny.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that the large majority of life changing events in their lives happen to them, and not by them.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that their mediocre, tedious, repetitive lives, isnt what they are doing before lifes great adveture starts, and that they have wasted so much of it already.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared.

---

Thats why I dont believe in fate...

I may be wrong? ... I often am :)

How about you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.