GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fate Sucks!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 21:18
Regular
There is no Fate, there is no design for you, or plan for your life...

When your in trouble, and you think nothing can save you, but then out of the blue someone walks along with the excat ibject you need to solve your problem...

Its not bacause of fate, nor is it because someone has some galactic plan in which you are needed to ensure its success...

Its probably because your playing Monkey Island... other than that its coincedence.

Lets be honest, youve got to have a pretty big ego to believe that the universe will fall apart if you get detention on Friday afternoon.

:)

However...

I never have believed in fate...

Not because I want to believe that I make my own choices in life...

Not because Ive had such a terrible life, that I'm too cynicle to have any hopes of beliefs...

Not because I'm Agnostic, though it does smack a little of a religous bent...

Not because I limits my options and actions

But because it limits those of others. Fate, always provides suitably convient escape routes...

You girlfriend/Boyfriend didnt breakup with you because you were demanding, controlling, had terrible habits, were outragously rude to her friends and family and behaved obnoxtiously to them... but because fate decreed it...

You didnt get caught shop lifting because you were greedy... it was becasue it was fate... in fate, it was fate that you were shoplifting in the first place!

It seems fate is wrapped up with all thsoe little indesycracies that people enjoy attaching to their lives,

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that if they accept that on the whole, they control their own destiny.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that the large majority of life changing events in their lives happen to them, and not by them.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared that their mediocre, tedious, repetitive lives, isnt what they are doing before lifes great adveture starts, and that they have wasted so much of it already.

Often, it would seem, because they are scared.

---

Thats why I dont believe in fate...

I may be wrong? ... I often am :)

How about you?
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:05
yeah, no fate. Sometimes i wish there was, so i could get a chance at more girls.....

sigh. :-)

And religion is a biatch. I say belive YOUR OWN values, and dont try and get others to follow. Thta causes more death than salvation.
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stryke wrote:
> Religion is the cause of every major war on this planet. Has no-one thought that
> this whole Afgan situation could have been avoided had it not been for
> religion?

It's not religion, it's people treating religion the wrong way.
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:54
Regular
DONKEY PUNCH OHH DONKEY PUNCH IM GONNA GIVE THE WORLD A DONKEY PUNCH!!

Lifes the name of the game and im gonna play the game with you.

Shake it on baby know shake it on baby, twist and shout twist and shout.

ooh what a perfect day, you just keep me hanging on...

neighbours everybody needs good neighbours, with a little understanding we can find the perfect blend.

VIEIRA OOHHH OOOHHH VIEIRA OOHHH OOOHHH HE COMES FROM SENEGAL BOOM BOOM HE PLAYS FOR ARSENAL..VIEIRA.

annie are you ok..ARE U OK ANNIE!!

Im glad I got that off my chest, thanks for listening you guys are the greatest.
Fri 09/11/01 at 16:28
Regular
You believe in something, it makes you do things, eventually this becomes a religion. One person believes in a long forgotten god, and he is the only believer. Does this make it a religion? Yes. You could believe in Bob the God of Ice Cream or whatever, it's still a religion.

Well deserved FAD.
Fri 09/11/01 at 14:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your Honour wrote:
Yes, but if there
> was no such thing as religion, then you'd have nothing to blame it on.

So
> you'd blame it on something else, and the cycle would continue.....

yeah... thats pretty much what I'm getting at...

The war isnt being started because of religion...

Thats just the excuse being used... and one that works pretty well...

Like you say, if there were no religion, then they would just find some other reason for it to be convienient to start the conflict...

Its just nice that with religion, you can start a war without taking any of the blame yourself... often getting away with saying that it is completly the other guys fault...

Also, theres always going to be a couple of religious passages that you can reinterprit to suite your needs?
Thu 08/11/01 at 15:29
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
I wouldnt have actually
> broken your computer because of my religion... Just in the name of religion...

Yes, but if there was no such thing as religion, then you'd have nothing to blame it on.

So you'd blame it on something else, and the cycle would continue.....
Thu 08/11/01 at 15:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Stryke wrote:
A war in the name
> of religion is because of religion.

no, its not...

If I was bored one day... and broke you computer...

Then when asked claimed it was done because of my religion demands that the evil computers are destroyed..

I wouldnt have actually broken your computer because of my religion... Just in the name of religion...
Thu 08/11/01 at 15:19
Regular
"not dead"
My world is good.

Good stuff happens.

I am Truman, and you are all watching me, and looking after me.

Thank you.
Thu 08/11/01 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wow, I was possesed by Henry Rollins there for a second.
Thu 08/11/01 at 14:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I cannot place my future in some hokey superstition.

I am a firm believer that you are what you make of life.
Nothing just comes to you (that's called coincidence and good timing).
If you want to suceed, you must work at it.

That's the same as that old "When your number's up it's up, nothing you can do about it".
Rubbish.
I'm not going anywhere until my mission is complete on this hunk of rock and water.

I shape my own destiny through my choices and actions.
And that means when I screw up or things go wrong, I have to accept it was my decisions that brought me to that point.

To accept a chosen path is to negate the purpose of your life, otherwise why strive to better yourself?
Why educate yourself?
Why try to change your world for the better, if it's some predetermined path issued at birth?

To me, in my own opinion about my life only, fate/destiny are as laughable as the notion of levitation through thought or Uri Geller bending spoons with his mind.

You are what you create, and through sheer force of will you can alter your world.
Take responsibility and stop shrugging your shoulders and saying "Well it was meant to be"

That is for cowards and weaklings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.