GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I actually died on Zelda YAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 20:03
Regular
I actually died in Zelda and it wasn't because I got swarmed on by angry pigs, suprisingly.

I died on Outset Island, I went into the cave where you get the Triforce charts in to take some Pictothingy's of some of the rarer enemies. I noticed in the room that you get the Triforce chart from, you can use your Mirror shield to destroy a stone head. This opens up another load of caves that are about 10 times harder than anything else i've seen in the game.

Needless to say after much battling I ran out of fairy's and died. Wasn't really properly prepared for the fight but damn it was fun.

Next time I'm gonna pack some of Grannies after birth and a few more fairy's and teach those mongs a lesson. If you haven't found these rooms I suggest you head straight for them, though be prepared or you'll get ya a-ss kicked.
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:43
Regular
Is the dying scene any good?
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:39
Regular
Yey did this bit tonight.

That ruled.

There's one room with about 50 of those guys who are always on the rafts coming at you. Another room where you go to the middle and a massive circle of those Chu things appears, half of them are electrified which is very annoying.

Mucho a-ss kickage....maximus..

Oh and the death scenes pretty pants, it's like OOT where Link just falls over. Pity his head doesn't pop and cascades of blood don't fly from his severed stump as he looses control of his bladder and soils himself all over the floor......maybe in the next game?
Mon 19/05/03 at 09:43
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and the death scenes pretty pants, it's like OOT where Link just
> falls over. Pity his head doesn't pop and cascades of blood don't fly
> from his severed stump as he looses control of his bladder and soils
> himself all over the floor......maybe in the next game?

I really doubt that.... :P
Mon 19/05/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Bah. In the first of those rooms after the statue I killed the blue
> skulls but the flame round the next hole didn't... go out.
>
> Restarted, never went back.
>
> Next time...

Use the deku leaf, then run up and smack them with your sword when they lie on the floor.

Oh yeah, I saw theat big statue when I went through the first time. Did the whole lot in one sweep, using only one bottle of Grannie's soup.

I was pleased, yet annoyed when the end result was a heart piece.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I liked that section on Outset Island. I did it before I got the mirror shield and remembered that there was one of those statues to be destroyed using the light, so I went back and did that, then found there was room after room of even harder fighting to be done.
Above anything else it shows how great the combat engine is.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:58
Regular
Gah, I'm disappointed in Shark Island, all that work, all those enemies, just for some rupees. D'oh.
Mon 19/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I dont think the fighting is all that difficult really, if the enemies are all around you, you hit them by accident anyway, either that the get hit by their allies.
Mon 19/05/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
I have died only prolly 2 times so far it is so cool the way he dies!
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:15
"period drama"
Did all the floors today.
It's wan't as hard as you all make out - I used 1 blue potion and 1 portion of granny's fermeted urine, and I wasn't even desperate to do so.
Meh.
Still quite fun, though.
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:02
Regular
I got dwon to floor forty ages ago, got bored, so I went back up to the overground, before discovering that you get another heart piece on floor 51. Needless to say, I cussed at the TV. Who was the final enemy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.