GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I actually died on Zelda YAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 20:03
Regular
I actually died in Zelda and it wasn't because I got swarmed on by angry pigs, suprisingly.

I died on Outset Island, I went into the cave where you get the Triforce charts in to take some Pictothingy's of some of the rarer enemies. I noticed in the room that you get the Triforce chart from, you can use your Mirror shield to destroy a stone head. This opens up another load of caves that are about 10 times harder than anything else i've seen in the game.

Needless to say after much battling I ran out of fairy's and died. Wasn't really properly prepared for the fight but damn it was fun.

Next time I'm gonna pack some of Grannies after birth and a few more fairy's and teach those mongs a lesson. If you haven't found these rooms I suggest you head straight for them, though be prepared or you'll get ya a-ss kicked.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I did it first-time, too - and with a blinding-headache! :D

Got the Triforce Chart, and got the Heart Piece, too.

....That was the end of it, right?!?
I don't wanna have to go back in there!! :S

I seem to remember seeing a head-stone, and I blew it up by reflecting the light. But I have a look around underneath it, and could not see any holes. So I just presumed it was the end!

It's amazing to realise there were actually FIFTY levels, after completing it!
Wed 21/05/03 at 09:40
Regular
"DS..."
I completed the savage laberynth first time, allthough I will admit that it was quite challenging towards the last 10 rooms and I was on my last few hearts just before nabbing that elusive heart piece, I havent returned since though but I hope that you can fight all the enemies again as it's great for sharpening battle skills and is above all else fun, might go back but ive started my next file thats been carried over from the 1st time I completed WW and the subtle differences make it worth playign through again (even though i'd happilly play through it again without them).

one small question though, did anyone take pictures of the bosses the second time around (before the final fights)? if so were you able to get them developed? i hope so as I kinda screwed up my chance of getting a pic of Ghoma by not quite getting the whole thing in the photo so im hoping that i can use my second chance wisely if it possible, cheers.

slik ~_~
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:15
"period drama"
Solskjær wrote:
> Another thing I like doing is carrying him upto the top of the
> mountain (where the bridge USED to be), chucking him over the edge,
> and watching him spin, over-and-over, untill he hits the blue! :D

Exactly.
Me too.
It's just so much fun messing with that stupid pig. It's the only thing that's almost killed me as well.

Did you know that they ate all the other piggies?
Creul family.
The little kids inside said "They were delicious!" then the mum tells them off.
People in game world aren't supposed to eat anything, let alone cute little piggies.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:12
"period drama"
maddmun wrote:
> I got dwon to floor forty ages ago, got bored, so I went back up to
> the overground, before discovering that you get another heart piece on
> floor 51. Needless to say, I cussed at the TV. Who was the final
> enemy?

It's a big room with about 5 or 6 of those top-level knight in there and fire-breathing gargole thingies on the walls.
Pretty easy really, just keep parrying and you usually hit a few at once, and their attacks usually hit the others as well. Why they stupidly stay in a big clump, we'll never know.
Tue 20/05/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I almost got killed, yesterday, by that giant, psycho-pig on Outset Island!

Because I got the Golden Gauntlets, I decided I would go and play-around with the pig; chucking him here, chucking him there; getting him to dig me up some treasure...

He found me some rupees, and a heart-piece, but strike him three-times with your sword, and even on 11-hearts of energy, he only has to hit you 4 times before you die!!

If you're going to P-him-off, it's best to do it in a safe, unreachable place, using arrows, bombs, and stuff.

Or, you could shoot him from a short-but-safe distance, and run-for-your-life over the wooden pier, as he falls over the edge, chasing after you, straight into the sea! :D

Another thing I like doing is carrying him upto the top of the mountain (where the bridge USED to be), chucking him over the edge, and watching him spin, over-and-over, untill he hits the blue! :D

I've never been killed by a proper enemy, but I have fallen over cliff-edges and stuff, before.
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:02
Regular
I got dwon to floor forty ages ago, got bored, so I went back up to the overground, before discovering that you get another heart piece on floor 51. Needless to say, I cussed at the TV. Who was the final enemy?
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:15
"period drama"
Did all the floors today.
It's wan't as hard as you all make out - I used 1 blue potion and 1 portion of granny's fermeted urine, and I wasn't even desperate to do so.
Meh.
Still quite fun, though.
Mon 19/05/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
I have died only prolly 2 times so far it is so cool the way he dies!
Mon 19/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I dont think the fighting is all that difficult really, if the enemies are all around you, you hit them by accident anyway, either that the get hit by their allies.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:58
Regular
Gah, I'm disappointed in Shark Island, all that work, all those enemies, just for some rupees. D'oh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.