GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Work Experience"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/03 at 16:47
Regular
Anyone else start today? I had the l33t hours of 9:30-4:00, about an hour and a half less than most.

I have my own office (complete with a stapler, phone and fax machine). The door has "Manager" on it, so I can sit with my legs crossed and smile smugly. And I photocopied over 500 sheets of paper, stapled 181 sheets and had a 1 hour, 50 minute lunch break, only working for 4 and a half hours out of a 6 and a half hour day :D

Now that IS work experience. And it reminded me of The Office three-fold:

- There were two branches, and this was inferior, as it had the information sent to it from the other branch

- The partner made Gervais-like jokes

- There was a guy called Gareth

:D
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
she made you cut plants INSIDE a bin?
harsh.
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Light of the world"
My work experience SUCKED it was in a florist - she wouldnt let me do anything except:

>make tea
>sweep and mop floor
>Cut plants in bin

I wasn't allowed to do anything to do with the plants because she didnt want her 'precious reputation spoilt'....IT SUCKED

and she moaned when i was like 5 minutes late and never let me go early even if i was doing nothing.
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Metallicchild wrote:
> My mate got work experience in a girl's school. Definitely what i'm
> going for when I do it.

Great!
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:34
" Crazy!"
O and £20 for nothing at the end of it.
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:33
" Crazy!"
Ha you all think your work experience was great hey...

I was suppose to start at 9, finish at half 5. There was only suppose to be two of us but four showed up. Half an hour of easy work a day, about 3 hour lunch every day and home 2 hours earlier than I was suppose to. Not to mention it was only suppose to be for 1 week, but I stayed for 2.
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Marmighty man"
My mate got work experience in a girl's school. Definitely what i'm going for when I do it.
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:07
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Theres a guy in my form that looks like Gareth from the office, and like the guy on the Tizer cans...

My work experience ruled, I was at a design company and it was during the world cup. I got 2-3 hour lunch breaks to go and watch the matches and spent the rest of the time using expensive macs and messing around on corel photopaint for long periods of time. At the end they said I could come and work for them when I left school, if I wanted to. I might see them about a summer job actually... hmmm!

Anyway, enjoy your work experience mate, after it is over it all gets really difficult and you have to buckle down and work hard.
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:00
Regular
You don't get paid for work experience :P only if your lucky.
Mon 19/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
And how old are you? :P
Mon 19/05/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
BTEC National Diploma For IT Practitioners
and the football academy :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.