GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats better, GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
Okay, so nintendo have got serious competition when it comes to games consoles.
I personally think that the gamecube is better.
But I want to know if you prefer GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2.
Tell me:
1)What console you prefer
2)Why you prefer it
3)What games you would like to see released on the console.

I prefer the gamecube because it produces 405 MHZ, 6 million-12 million polygons / second, the discs are 8cm diameter and you can play with other people around the world.
Sun 04/11/01 at 18:16
Regular
You know, I've only just noticed that the pictures aren't loading.

And it's true what I said. The Gamecube is better because I'm getting one.
Sun 04/11/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
THPS3 will definitely be online compatable for anyone with the required hardware, whenever Sony launch it.
Sun 04/11/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I am on NTL but they r gonna cut us off next month cos then they are only gonna do Cable connections and where I live, the Isle of Wight (AKA the Pile of ... I think you can guess the rest) you can't get cable yet.

Means we're gonna have to switch to ... I dunno.. BT probably!
Sun 04/11/01 at 18:03
Regular
"g'day snapper"
Bruiser, you say you can play with other people around the world on your Gamecube but Ninetnedoo and other Gamcube developers have no plans for online games until at least 2003. PS2 however, has plans for end of this year (THPS3, even though it may not have the online version installed) or at the latest the beginning of next year.
Sun 04/11/01 at 17:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What ISP do you use?

As regards to the images, SR's image server appears to have died.
Sun 04/11/01 at 17:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Did anyone elses internet connection start going REALLY slow for about an hour? Mine did, so I decided to do my Physics coursework. Internet Explorer still refuses to work as fast as normal and won't display all pics either! It's all microsofts fault!!!
Sun 04/11/01 at 17:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OMG! A NEWBIE HAS HACKED INTO GRIX'S ACCOUNT! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
Sun 04/11/01 at 17:44
Regular
The Gamecube is evidently better than the PS2 because I'm getting one first.
Sun 04/11/01 at 17:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
The PS2 is finally beginning to show what it can do...

I spent months arguing for the PS2 before it was released, and after. A motn or so before GT3 was released I was getting worried about the lack of games...I had no material to argue with! GT3 came along, and I was content for a few months. But GT3 became tiresome, and so I waited for GTA3...I've bee playing that since I got it, and suddenly there's a whole series of top games coming out over the next couple of months.

Max Payne, Airblade, SSX Tricky, Pro Evo Soccer, Half-Life, Silent Hill 2, Jak and Daxter, Tony Hawk's 3, Smackdown JBI and many, many more.
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:43
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No it won't have leaps, but it will slowly improve. It's not like we've seen its' best with its' 1st gen titles, but 2nd gen titles won't be much better. (like by looks alone you couldn't just say "oh yeah thats a 1st gen title or thats a 2nd gen title", but the graphics will slowly but surely improve)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.